• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to hook up old Roland plotter?

Colin

I sold my Summa 30" plotter, and now I'd like to hook up my 28 year old Roland PNC-1050 sprocket-feed plotter.
Could someone kindly provide me with a step by step procedure on exactly what I need to do? I have it connected and powered up ok (Serial). I tried to use the Summa Winplot that I used to use with my Summa, but of course that didn't work.

(Windows 10)

Colin

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm using CorelDraw X7.
Looking for a "free" way of getting it to work, I don't care if it's from within CorelDraw, or a separate software.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I have an old roland plotter. I went to the roland website and downloaded the software for it. You can call them if you need to. They will hook ya up.

netsol

I have an old roland plotter. I went to the roland website and downloaded the software for it. You can call them if you need to. They will hook ya up.
If you never did, REGISTER IT FROM ROLAND WEBSITE
mo matter how old, then they will help you get the software

If it is not downloadable, ask for "media replacement" and pay $10-$15 for a disk

signage

What I think Colin is wanting to do is cut directly from Corel which is very possible if you have the windows driver for your plotter. This is how they were used before they got popular with the sign cutting vinyls. These plotters were originally made for large drawing (engineering drawings)!

Colin

If you never did, REGISTER IT FROM ROLAND WEBSITE
mo matter how old, then they will help you get the software

If it is not downloadable, ask for "media replacement" and pay $10-$15 for a disk

I tried to contact them for help but it was hopeless. I also found this on their site regarding the ol' PNC-1050:

Attachments

• 1050.jpg
    1050.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 141

Ed. C.

Roland no longer supports downloads of drivers to older model cutters
its to run on corel draw you have to have a plug in which you get from roland cut studio
. i believe that roland cut studio only runs on older windows OS so if you have windows 10 that wouldn't work.
try and reach out to corel draw as well maybe they can assist.

ProSignTN

I am running Win7 with Flexi12 and my old PNC-1050 works fine. Without the Flexi though, I don't have a clue how to cut directly from Corel.

Colin

^^^ Thanks, yes, I don't really care if I have to cut with some software outside of CorelDraw, as long as I can get it to work.

Ian Stewart-Koster

Older Greyer Brushie
I use our PNC1410 directly from Corel X3, and the instructions I'm sure I've typed if you search PNC1000
But everything must be a hairline outline, get the drivers from Roland Dg website, Legacy systems, and I could not make it work on a 64 bit PC - only a 32 bit PC. I use Win 7 also.