• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

How to make panels in Photoshop

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
This is probably a basic question, but I have a 16'x40' wall wrap that I need to break up into 48" vertical panels. I know how to do it in Flexi but I can't export something that large without it maxing out and reducing the resolution. So how would I do this in Photoshop? My skills are very limited in photoshop.

mim

0_o
I did a big wrap in Photoshop at 1/4 scale 300dpi, saved each panel separately and blew it up to full scale in Onyx. I can't remember if I saved it as a TIFF or a PDF, but it would have been one or the other. The resolution wasn't perfect on the print but it worked and looked nice.
*I did not do the wrapping, just the file prep, for the record

Attachments

• 20211020_151615.jpg
    20211020_151615.jpg
    879.6 KB · Views: 159

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Thanks... my problem is when I imported into Flexi it said the image was too big and I had to lower it ... but I figured out I can just open the PSD straight in Flexi and it didn't give me that error.

and thanks for the ctl Z thing.. that is making it go faster

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: mim

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I did a big wrap in Photoshop at 1/4 scale 300dpi, saved each panel separately and blew it up to full scale in Onyx. I can't remember if I saved it as a TIFF or a PDF, but it would have been one or the other. The resolution wasn't perfect on the print but it worked and looked nice.
*I did not do the wrapping, just the file prep, for the record
Looks like Texassignmaker lettered the doors

ikarasu

Do you have illustrator as well?

We just make a artboard 48" x xx height... Create new artboards and save as PDF. Then it auto breaks them up. Takes seconds and you're using math for placement so it's exact

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I'll usually make things like wall wraps or window wraps at the target full size in Photoshop. Then, via Adobe Illustrator, I'll paste any sets of AICB vector paths I need into the Paths Palette within Photoshop. That can include panel boundaries with the desired amount of overlap. If I need to generate stand-alone TIFF images of each panel I can use the desired path to generate a selection and then copy/paste that portion of the layout into a new file to save as its own TIFF image. This approach is a little more labor intensive than bringing the entire PSD layout into Illustrator and applying a clipping mask so only a portion is visible. However, extracting individual panels within Photoshop and saving separate TIFF images will be a lot easier on the RIP.