• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

how to print a color chart versacamm

hjlanda22

Ok I have heard of printing a colorchart I guess it is also refered to s a pantone chart (I think) How can I do that? I have a versacamm 540V Is there something in versaworks that will print that our for me? or is it something I have to put together? Also How big is it?

Thanks Guys in advance

iSign

I think you can download a chart at printingdigital.net

it was vector artwork, so the file size is not too much & the print size is whatever size you want. It's an array of swatches of varied CMYK values that are noted in the margins, so it is a substitute or an accessory along with a Pantone chart. Pantone may be somewhat of a universal language of color where a client can define a color by fax, phone or email & if you also have a pantone chart, you can look at the color they want... but can you print it, without a lot of trial and error?? If you print this chart, with your common profiles, on your common medias, and your standard speed, quality & resolution settings (which possibly should be printed out on top of the chart)

...then you know that as long as you are using the same inks, media, profiles & settings... you should be able to hit any color on that chart, simply be assigning the same CMYK values.

So, if you match your clients Pantone number with a swatch on your chart, you know you are able to print it.

Ken

Yeah, go to printingdigital.net, the host their, Barry, will be able to steer you in thw right direction.
Ken

iSign

I just looked is this it

Roland Color Chip Chart

I belive this is in my versaworks 2.2 program

it's a pretty basic concept... you can make your own too... it doesn't matter whoose you use, if theirs is the same as some other, or if not... as long as the swatches really are the CMYK values they say they are... then you can benefit from it.

threeputt

Yep, that's it. I printed mine out and applied to a large sheet of DiBond. Tacked it up on the wall right by my monitor. I refer to it a hundred times a day. Literally could not do without it. It's about 42" by 46".

thewood

it's a pretty basic concept... you can make your own too... it doesn't matter whoose you use, if theirs is the same as some other, or if not... as long as the swatches really are the CMYK values they say they are... then you can benefit from it.

Yep, that's it. I printed mine out and applied to a large sheet of DiBond. Tacked it up on the wall right by my monitor. I refer to it a hundred times a day. Literally could not do without it. It's about 42" by 46".

Ditto.