• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Howdy...from the State with the greatest opportunity to redefine...Michigan!!!

krochroch

Hi:

I am new to the world of cutting and signs...my only sign experience was creating a company to produce a 27 story Barry Sanders mural in Detroit for Nike (kudos to Mark Bennett, what an artist!!!) My background is in the print and creative world.

I spend most of my time in wide-format printing and now require contour cutting. i am looking at Q Series, Graphtec and Summa cutters- to go with a 44" Canon IPF 8000s.

I presently do not use a RIP, however, wish to purchase an efficient, technically advanced cutting system that I may grow into. Would rather pay now, than later, for the best, user-friendly solution. Inexperience is a factor, as we support interns.

Any advice as to where I might continue to research, both hardware and software (if required) would be most helpful. As well as any product recommendations...in addition to the helpful reviews on this site.

Cheers

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
Welcome from the Kingdom of Texas!

For plotting cast vinyl we have a Summa T1010 that is twenty years old. Been rebuilt twice. Rock solid piece of equipment.