• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Howdy (well I am in TX)

Salmoneye

I'm Sam with Salmon Eye Signworks in Amarillo, TX. I am new to the sign business. Many years ago I had a typesetting/offset printing business and used to sub out some signs and screen printing. My wife and I decided that we wanted to start something different for us. We purchased a Roland XC-540, computer, CS4 Creative suite.... We are now looking for a laminator and a heat press. We are just now doing our first signs (every one seems to be a learning process). Joined to learn from others.
Sam

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Howdy from as the illegals say it Fort Westy, TX. I've been to Amarillo and Canyon lots. My son used to be head waiter at Macaroni Joe's in Amarillo. Great place to eat as I'm sure you know. Welcome aboard.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Lovely welcome.

No offence intended. I'm in Fort Worth, and never understood why illegals call it Fort Westy... which I happen to like more. It is a fact of life there are lots of illegals here, no problem with me. I have a few friends who are illegal, and my wife teaches a Kindergarten class comprised of the children of many illegals. No prejudice coming out of this camp.

No offence intended. I'm in Fort Worth, and never understood why illegals call it Fort Westy... which I happen to like more. It is a fact of life there are lots of illegals here, no problem with me. I have a few friends who are illegal, and my wife teaches a Kindergarten class comprised of the children of many illegals. No prejudice coming out of this camp.

Thanks for the clarification :)

:wavingflag::mexico:

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Thanks for the clarification :)

:wavingflag::mexico:

Interestingly, my best friend who was illegal didn't speak a word of English, and I don't speak Spanish. We were pinstripers together at a motorcycle factory. I would rattle off a few sentence to him in English (of course) and he would reply to me in Spanish. We never knew what the other was saying - but kept it up all day long. It was hilarious. Only time it backfired on me was one time a dual language guy asked me to give Reuben (his name) a ride home after work. We tried our usual routine and I missed several turns getting him home. He learned to gesture wildly when I was approaching a turn.

Interestingly, my best friend who was illegal didn't speak a word of English, and I don't speak Spanish. We were pinstripers together at a motorcycle factory. I would rattle off a few sentence to him in English (of course) and he would reply to me in Spanish. We never knew what the other was saying - but kept it up all day long. It was hilarious. Only time it backfired on me was one time a dual language guy asked me to give Reuben (his name) a ride home after work. We tried our usual routine and I missed several turns getting him home. He learned to gesture wildly when I was approaching a turn.

Encouraging Arlo. Glad you get along with the illegals. Being born in the United States, but having lived in Mexico, I am sensitive to both sides of the story, illegals and immigrants, and people who continue to live in mexico. I love them all, and were all humans who deserve dignity and respect :) Either way, that's as far as well get into it before it gets to the NHB! Not that I want to take it there, but I know there can be a lot of very strong feelings and other things towards people who have arrived to the US of A on NOT legal terms... Have a great day Arlo!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Welcome form Pa..........................

and pay no never mind to those two :thread

Steve C.

Encouraging Arlo. Glad you get along with the illegals. Being born in the United States, but having lived in Mexico, I am sensitive to both sides of the story, illegals and immigrants, and people who continue to live in mexico. I love them all, and were all humans who deserve dignity and respect :) Either way, that's as far as well get into it before it gets to the NHB! Not that I want to take it there, but I know there can be a lot of very strong feelings and other things towards people who have arrived to the US of A on NOT legal terms... Have a great day Arlo!

Take it to the NHB.... This is a welcome thread for Salmoneye...

Welcome SAM! From Fort Westy..."Where the west begins"