• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Howdy Y'All

Glass Art Studio

Howdy Y'All
Bout time I steped up and registered. I've been sponging knowledge off y'all for bout 3 years. I got into sandcarving bout same time as my Bud got into sign biz. I have an intense industrial maintenance background and have maintained equipment ranging from high speed 12 tool 6 axis CNC machines to cooler doors in a -20 deg freezer.
I got into T Shirt racket in 1990 (Independent Sales) went full time on 92.
Had to learn Photoshop due to GA's raping me to clean up jpgs for t shirt art. Got out in 97 and went back to mfg.
Started spongin here off and on bout once a month when my Bud got a Summa (Sweet Piece of German Machinery. Mirror in my website gallery of Frazetta Horseman was cut on 12"x12" piece of vinyl, etched and painted on back of mirror. 2 hours to weed. ) Together we learned a lot. I went trough a lot of hemroids and beer Learnin Flexi. Moderate learning curve on the vinyl cutting Craft.
I've been cleaning up the crap photos customers like to bring for LARGE format print jobs for the last 2.5 years. Now we give discounts if folks let me take the photos! My Bud finally took the plunge and shelled out for a Mimaki.
After bout a week playing with printer the realization of the intensity of the learning curve of the Large format printing Craft has brought me back here to you fine folks. Been spongin for bout 12 hours this week trying to soak up some knowledge. I got a case of prep H and gave up beer. (bought 2 Gallons of Sump!)
Got laid off from my JACK LEG boat company 2 months ago after 5 years of bringing there maintenance setup into the 20th century, so it aint like I'm lacking time to learn.
Just wanted to register and say thanks for all the hard workin folks in the industry
who take the time out of there busy lives to help us sponges try to get a grip on reality.
Later,
Donovan

signage

Another welcome to the forums from PA, now quite sponging and get to work, it take practice to get good at any thing! Knowledge is one thing being able to do it is another story!

Glass Art Studio

Another welcome to the forums from PA, now quite sponging and get to work, it take practice to get good at any thing! Knowledge is one thing being able to do it is another story!

Amen!
Burning up sample media as fast as we can!
Up to 16 hours here this week of the 60 I have burned.