• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 5000 keeps blowing yellow print head...

Bish Display

Anyone know why a single printhead would suddenly stop laying ink? I have a HP5000 that keeps blowing the yellow printhead. All of the other colors are fine. I'd replace the yellow head then a couple of prints later, nothing. Somethings gotta be zapping it? Bad ribbon? Capacitors? fuses? dirty contact points? Carraige replacement? Mother board? Headlight Fluid? Any Ideas?

Had a problem like this on my Roland 300 vinyl and I soldered on a new fuse then replaced the head and was good to go.

Please Help:peace!:
Rich

Bish Display

Wait, if a fuse is blown then it wouldn't print at all. right? Currently, I can replace the head, it will print for a short time but then blow again.

Trying to locate the fuse now... you wouldn't happen to have a pic, would you? Or any other way for me to locate it? what does it look like? so I can test the Ohms.

Rich

Last edited:

Bly

I just had ink tubes go bad. Check for air in the lines.
If it's letting air in it will print for a minute, fill the head with air and pffft.

Bish Display

Did you just replace the lines? or did you replace them in conjunction with other parts? I found this on HP's site... sounds like he is saying the same thing? Read below....

"New printheads work at first because they are preprimed. When printheads stop putting ink down on paper, run a internal printhead alignment to verify, it is almost always the ink tube assembly. When replacing the assembly always replace.
A) Ink cartridge of problem color.
B) Ink tube assembly
C) Printhead of problem color.
You don't know where the air is coming from, so if you don't replace all components then you might end up back where you started.
You can try to prime the ink tubes, but I've only gotten this to work a couple of times."

Anyone else? Thanks
Rich

Bish Display

Doh!... Tube assambly Q1253-60041 is 519.00 ouch! :omg: Do I need the whole assembly? or is there another part (just the tubes ) I should be looking at?

Rich

Billct2

Sounds like air in the line.
You could try priming the tubes before replacing the tube assembly.
You have to buy a set of primeheads (I think they're about $35).
Go on ebay and buy the manual (it's downloadable)

Jack Knight1979

I had this problem with mine. The rubber seal on the nipple where the head site bit the dust. Fixed after a new line set. You should be good for another ten years.

Bish Display

Nice. Okay, Ill check the connection then purchase the prime cartridge and tube assembly. JACK, how much was your tube assembly? Anyone have a part number on the primeheads?

Oh, on another note, Im off to puchase an HP5000 42" off of Craigs list for parts at $400. Dont think that the tubes will fit but we can surely inks and print heads and other parts since we own a HP5000 60" and 42" :thumb:

Last edited:

Bish Display

Found the problem. Its where the yellow ink tube ends and plugs into little black plastic nipple (yeah, I said nipple) with a chrome metal cap. ok, I dont know what its called but its circled in red. See pics. This plastic piece has a 90 degree elbow that inserts into the yellow ink tube. This elbow has cracked off and was stuck in the end on the yellow tube line. Now, my question is, where can I get this little plastic piece or am I stuck with buying the entire ink tube assembly (part# C6095-60186)??? ...and where? ...and how much?

Can anyone help a brutha out?:cool:
Thanks
Rich

moz-screenshot.png
moz-screenshot-1.png

moz-screenshot-2.png
moz-screenshot-3.png

Attachments

• Ink Tubes 1.jpg
    Ink Tubes 1.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 100
  • Ink Tubes 2.jpg