• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP 5000ps is only printing at 600 dpi

Famous Ramos

I bought this printer last month, I can't seem to figure out how to set the printing at 1200 dpi. It says on the properties 600dpi. The other dpi's are not there to select. Does anyone have the right drivers. I can't seem to get it online installed correctly.

Please help me. I want to use this machine to its fullest.

Thanks. Chris

Artildawn

I have 5000 not the PS, if I use the print drive I'm offered Max Quality, Productivity, and Max Speed. These correspond to 1200x600, 600, and 150. Same if I go through Flexisign. Are you sure you have the drivers installed correctly?

Famous Ramos

only prints at 600 dpi

thanks for your response. I am using adobe photoshop to print, and when I go to print options it only gives me 600 dpi max. Do I have to use a sign software to get that option available?

thanks,

Dice

I believe it depends on the Media Setting. Some papers don't have all of the print options. Try a Coated Photo quality media setting.

Artildawn

The windows driver doesn't offer media type, going through a RIP should though. But Dice may be on to something if the driver detects the media setting. Try different media or turn the machine off and access the printer preferences to see if show them then.

Famous Ramos

600 dpi max

I tried setting all the media types, but when I go to the print options it is at 600 dpi max. Thanks for everyone tryin to help.

Chris

Famous Ramos

600 dpi max

Please click on the link to view the screen shot. Thanks

C:\Documents and Settings\Chris Ramos\Desktop\hp 5000ps.bmp

Famous Ramos

600 dpi max

Sorry about that. Here is a picture of the print options.
thanks. Chris

5000-600.jpg

Artildawn

Yeah, I definitely think your drivers aren't installed properly, but can someone with the PS version verify this? Here is what mine looks like:

Attachments

• 5000_dialog.jpg
    5000_dialog.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 136

Famous Ramos

600 dpi max

I've also notice that I have a.02.12 firmware. What is the latest. How do I update firmware using parrell port connection. I tried updating but won't find the new firmware. Does this have anything to do with not printing in 1200 dpi? thank you.

Tony McD

I have the 5500ps hooked up tcp/ip through ethernet.
Pretty sure you will want to hook it up this way.....it rips and prints much faster.

You do need a different driver.
It's been several years since I installed mine, but I remember having a
driver installed with minimal settings like you have, before I found the right one.

Mine is similar but different from post #12, and has several print options.
It doesn't have a media type in it either.....that is selected at the printer.

I have a screen shot of my print options....not sure how to post it.

Famous Ramos

600 dpi max

I have installed and uninstalled drivers and still can't seem to get mine to have the print options like #12. Does anyone have the correct driver for this HP 5000ps, I got the updated firmware but I can't seem to install it in my machine. thanks for everyones help.