• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp 5500ps

ProColorGraphics

Hello.

I have been looking into getting a 60" 5500PS to add to my lineup. I was wondering if anyone had one they used and what they think of the quality, durability, etc., ect. I do know that I want to go with the UV inks in it.

:thankyou:

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
You cant go wrong with one of those guys. The machine is a workhorse you should go with the UV inks not the Dye's. You can get 3 years outside no problem with lamination. I sell those units with a 1 year warranty for $3500.00 and the inks for $185.00 (UV)

Jack Knight1979

I had one that was bullet proof.

The draw back is the high cost of media, dwindling factory support, and media durability.

I really loved my machine, but I feel is totally obsolete.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I had one that was bullet proof.

The draw back is the high cost of media, dwindling factory support, and media durability.

I really loved my machine, but I feel is totally obsolete.

The 5500 is still the most used machine in our industry, there are more of these units in use then all the other machines combined. (alot has to do with the beverage guys) Its a great machine for canvas fine art, tradeshow graphics, pop signage, backlit signage.

ProColorGraphics

The 5500 is still the most used machine in our industry, there are more of these units in use then all the other machines combined. (alot has to do with the beverage guys) Its a great machine for canvas fine art, tradeshow graphics, pop signage, backlit signage.

Thank you for the info. Where are you located BigFishDM? The other issue is what shipping cost would be. The one place I have looked at so far is in Chicago for a reman 60" 5500PS with a new set of UV inks and all new heads, plus a 3 year warranty and setup and install for $4895.

ProColorGraphics

I do like your price better as long as it comes with the heads and inks. I feel comfortable setting it up as long as there is support if a question comes up. Plus having at least 1 year warranty is nice.

Can you get me some more information on what you have?

animenick65

If you do indoor work, this IS the machine for you. If your hybrid in/out work then your going to need the versatility of a solvent machine.

As others have said, media pricing can get tough. There are quite a few companies making aftermarket ink so price isn't so bad on the inks. These machines are tough. They work and continue to work for years. We have had ours for years and it has never given us a problem. Don't be afraid to buy one of these used!

ProColorGraphics

I do have a VP-540 for my outdoor work, decals, signs, etc. I have just been looking into one of these for interior work, posters, etc.

MachServTech

If it were me I would go with a used Epson aqueous printer. The larger color gamut and better print quality will keep your clients happy.

I think the HP5500 is a workhorse though.....

JR Digital

Great machine, I have 4 of them. Bought them new back in 2002 and still use them everyday. Its a workhouse with very few problems. Only had to service one machine out of the 6 years i've owned them.