• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP L360 powered by generator?

dypinc

10kW

Anybody have a bad experience trying this?

Some signage needs to be finished today so probably going to have to try this.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I wouldn't. Equipment like that needs completely clean electric. Generators don't do that. To insure our flatbed got its exact power and never altered, we put a power boost in. That makes sure your electricity never alters. It might work, but I wouldnt chance it with the heart of my business.

dypinc

I wouldn't. Equipment like that needs completely clean electric. Generators don't do that. To insure our flatbed got its exact power and never altered, we put a power boost in. That makes sure your electricity never alters. It might work, but I wouldnt chance it with the heart of my business.
Thanks. I was real concerned about trying that for the reasons you stated.

Been thinking about putting in a backup generator for the business but wonder about how clean of electric they provide.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
If it's a real 10kW generator I don't see any problem with it. It should produce good and stable electricity. I would still make sure the voltage is within spec and not at the high or low side as it might fluctuate a little.
Then if it's some cheap "10kW" from wherever maybe it's not the best idea.

dypinc

My bad. I should have done a search first.