• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Hp l360

morganq

This was never the case with the L25500 and the L26500. It was one year and then you had to purchase the care pack yearly.

Has this changed with the newer model?

Yes, afaik it will be offered or sold with 3yr care pack now and SMK as standard.

HP Australia sometimes have a different offering to other countries. For example in Australia FB500 and 700 ship with a 2yr warranty and the uptime kit etc. Were as this is not offered in other markets.

Thanks.

FatCat

Wow, all those new features look really nice. I've been leery of latex as well, might have to reconsider...

Vj 1204

Hi Fat cat, Can you you help with this. Some one just offer me to decode the firmware on my vj 1204 so I don't have use chip card any more. Shall I play around with this or it is very risky. Please advise.

Hzone15

I thought the Letter of intent got it down to 17,995.00 At least that is what i am being told. LOI = 1,000.00 had to sign at the ISA Show.

New Ship date I have been told is 5-12-14, and that is to distribution not to endusers.

Actually arrive date I have been quoted is around May 20th.

FrankW

New Ship date I have been told is 5-12-14, and that is to distribution not to endusers.

Actually arrive date I have been quoted is around May 20th.

We (dealers) have one 360 since two weeks, but still waiting for customer units too. We expect delivery too next week.

2B

regarding the RIP, since the new machine do a lot more internally then previous machines, how does that work when dealing with an advanced RIP like caldera?

Do they play nice with one another or does the Printer come in and override the settings that you have made/imported from Caldera?

regarding the RIP, since the new machine do a lot more internally then previous machines, how does that work when dealing with an advanced RIP like caldera?

Do they play nice with one another or does the Printer come in and override the settings that you have made/imported from Caldera?

The HP Latex 300 series are contone printers, and you are correct that there are certain functions that are controlled by the printer and the RIP does not have access to. One example of this is the ink splits (transitions between light and dark inks in Cy and Mg). Because the RIP cannot access these, there cannot be a conflict between them.

dypinc

It will be real interesting hearing from advanced user who have lots of experience setting up CM, ink splits etc. Will not having control of this result in better output or not?

Certainly hope you can still set ink limit based on what media and amount of passes you choose. If not you would be limiting the gamut of this printer for media that will take a lot of ink and on the other hand it might be a real challenge on media that won't take that much ink.

Hard to believe that they would do this and limit what can be achieved with a advance user and RIP.

It will be real interesting hearing from advanced user who have lots of experience setting up CM, ink splits etc. Will not having control of this result in better output or not?

Certainly hope you can still set ink limit based on what media and amount of passes you choose. If not you would be limiting the gamut of this printer for media that will take a lot of ink and on the other hand it might be a real challenge on media that won't take that much ink.

Hard to believe that they would do this and limit what can be achieved with a advance user and RIP.

There is no question that the profile creation sequence is much easier and quicker when using the new Latex 360 on-board process. I have been able to get an entire profile built in under 30 minutes, including the ink limiting, calibration/ linearization, and ICC, which is easily (best case) half the time that it takes on the L2 machines. The operator does seem have a somewhat less granular level of control over ink limiting when using this procedure versus the traditional RIP-based approach used with halftone printers.

The resulting image quality on the media that I have worked with to this point has been outstanding, with greatly reduced ink coalescence, presumably due to the presence of the optimizer. I have also noted a much greater resistance to abrasion on SAV and banner vinyl with this inkset.

There are some medias that are not recommended for on-board profile creation, such as textiles. In these cases the traditional RIP-driven profile creation process will need to be used in order to build a custom media profile.

dypinc

Sounds like we might have the best of both worlds. Use the on-board profile creation sequence or RIP based when we want to push gamut boundaries for media that will allow it and the opposite for media like textiles that won't allow.

It will interesting to see how the higher end RIPs will handle this.

bttweb

saw a distributor here in NY for $18k... drops down to
$16.5K L360 64" if you have a reseller cert.. funny how the right cover
reminds me of the 5500 rather than the bulky look of the z6x00 series

cesargraphics

ONYX Poster Shop, ONYX Thrive or Caldera...

Hello to all.. Im about to get the Hp Latex 360 and a Graphtec 54 inch plotter.. I've been researching for quite sometime now and for some reason the Hp Latex is always at the top of my line up. The Last Question I have is what RIP to use with the new HP Latex 360?..

My sales reps are gearing me towards the Onyx Rip but I've been seeing on different forums that people are changing from Onyx to Caldera..

Any input from anyone out there.

This will be my first wide format machine. My printshop is all Macintosh Computers except for my Fiery Rip that I use for my XEROX...

Thank you...

ProColorGraphics

Hello to all.. Im about to get the Hp Latex 360 and a Graphtec 54 inch plotter.. I've been researching for quite sometime now and for some reason the Hp Latex is always at the top of my line up. The Last Question I have is what RIP to use with the new HP Latex 360?..

My sales reps are gearing me towards the Onyx Rip but I've been seeing on different forums that people are changing from Onyx to Caldera..

Any input from anyone out there.

This will be my first wide format machine. My printshop is all Macintosh Computers except for my Fiery Rip that I use for my XEROX...

Thank you...

I highly recommend Caldera! The output and the tech support are amazing!! I have also read posts from many people who have switched from Onyx to Caldera and have had better results.

I would also HIGHLY recommend a Summa S-Class cutter over the Graphtec too. I have had both of these and you couldn't give me a Graphtec again.