• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

HP115 question

Stacey K

I like making signs
Her profile says she has an L115 & Summa cutter so it's probably safe to assume she bought a print/cut setup which comes bundled with HP Flexi Print and Cut that includes Production Manager as the RIP. The Finishing tools, colour adjustment, labels & marks etc is setup in the PM Default Job Settings.
The options popup appears when you send the job to PM.
You may have only had Flexi Design which doesn't include the RIP
So, I'm in here now and when I do this and click on apply, nothing changes. Shouldn't I be able to see on the banner where the holes are going to be?
1654005348142.png
1654005374556.png

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I prefer to set the grommets and trim into the file and save it. I use circles that are the same size as the piercing side of the grommet, it's pretty mindless at that point. Then it is easily repeatable without having to remember rip settings. Same with paneling, I just do it in Corel, it takes no time and 5 years down the road I can reprint a panel exactly the same.
That's what we do as well. I only use flexi as a rip station. I don't use any of the extra added functions of it. I stick to corel for all of my art work, etc.
I used to use a circle. Now I use a square and punch the grommet inside the square.

cshook

I have an HP115 and I use the LexJet 13oz from Fellers. I do notice at the end of printing when the machine sucks to material back in you need to stand there and be ready to give it a little tug when it spits it back out. The heat must make the banner material a little sticky and it can jam up. Otherwise, I've had great luck printing on banner material. You need to get some banner tape and a grommet machine as well (if you don't already have that).
Have you ever done double sided banners on 18 oz in your 115?

Craig Keller

I just put one in each corner and do a quick half fold add another then fold again add another. I never thought of printing a spot on the banner...I feel pretty dumb now LOL

But...I've only had my printer a few months so that's my excuse!
Do u sew or fuse them in anyway

ikarasu

I prefer to set the grommets and trim into the file and save it. I use circles that are the same size as the piercing side of the grommet, it's pretty mindless at that point. Then it is easily repeatable without having to remember rip settings. Same with paneling, I just do it in Corel, it takes no time and 5 years down the road I can reprint a panel exactly the same.
In onyx it's super simple. I have a "banner" quicker - it adds 1" bleed, adds a line at the start and end of the bleed (fold line) and grommets every 24", with a holemsoze of .25". Super simple, nothing to remember and then you can just hit banner when you're ripping the file and it's all setup with literally no extra effort / time.

For paneling... We usually will panel in the rip. In onyx at least, it's easy to drag where you want your panels to be a d it'll auto tell you the size... So you can try to land each panel between text or easy to align areas. That's doable in illustrator / Corel.. but it's a bit more work.

We have our onyx printer folder synced to a local Nas. So all our pre flight / rip settings can be dropped back into onyx and it'll save a the settings - so if we need to reprint a panel... You just goto the Nas, grab the file, move it over and you can just drag it out of the queue. One more step than the way you do it, but it saves any color changes / resizing / etc.

And the biggest part... We have 2 latex printers, a solvent and a UV. All color matched and are pretty close to eachother... but I guarantee printing a panel from one to the other won't match, unless it was all pantones... and even then I'm sure it'll be slightly different. Being able to search for the file and see which printer it was printed on is convenient. We could just change the filename with the printer I guess - but this way cuts out that step.

Onyx is great for automating workflows, once we got used to using quicksets we've automated a ton of mundane tasks.