• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Husband broke his back

jkdbjj

Hi everyone, thanks for reaching out to my wife. It was a strange time indeed and I am sure I was very lost at that time and I am not sure why I had her post on here. So forgive me for such an odd posting when this happened.

I am still unable to work, but have been doing my best to transition to web design for a few clients to try and help with bills.

I tried for a while to just let others run my company, but I am sure you can guess that could go either really well, or not so well.

For those interested, specifically my L1 vertebra burst into my spinal cord. They had to remove that spine, and insert metal rods along side my spine.

Been pretty depressed trying to figure stuff out. I've taken a job last week and I am going to have some people install it, and see if I can make some money on it, but not being able to stay on a job site, I worry about my reputation with clients if things don't go so well.

I've considered asking around if any sign companies might need someone to help with their marketing, because that's something I am particularly good at, when it comes to social media, website etc... Maybe you guys can keep me in mind.
(Fred I don't mean to offend you or the rules, I am not trying to sell myself or infringe on the rules here, just wanted to express my situation for those interested and I apologize and understand if this needs to be taken down).

I posted another thread just now asking questions about an installation for this upcoming job, it looks pretty tricky.

I hope those I spoke with in the past are doing well.

Here's a crazy pic of pre-surgery scan.
The spinal cord is on the right you can see dented in and the squished area if the bone collapsed or burst.

attachment.php

Take care,
Mike

Attachments

• IMG_1030.JPG
    IMG_1030.JPG
    377.6 KB · Views: 105

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
(Fred I don't mean to offend you or the rules, I am not trying to sell myself or infringe on the rules here, just wanted to express my situation for those interested and I apologize and understand if this needs to be taken down).

Take care,
Mike

Not a problem Mike. We're all pulling for you to have the best possible outcome going forward.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Good to see/hear you back and about. Might be slow right now, but it's getting there.

:thumb: Best of luck in healing and also getting your business back.​

Kevin-shopVOX

We are looking for an industry person to help support users via chat. Not a lot of installing there but still in signs etc. Send a resume to jobs@shopvox.com to see where it can go. Wishing a speedy recovery.

decalman

I hope you get well.
Every condition and or disease can be cured.
Nothing is incurable. Nothing, especially with my physician. Jesus

anotherdog

I had something along those lines myself though not quite as bad; my C6 blew and I lost the use of my hands.
You have a lot of time to think when you are in pain like that and none of the thoughts are good, but life goes on. I healed though it took months before everything was working and I'll have pain of some sort for life. I found that the restrictions only forced me to find new ways to do things. I made the best of it, accepted my limits (as we all do as we get older) and made the best of things. There is a lot you can still do even if it doesn't involve a ladder or installing. Let the kids to the physical work and the smart people stay on the ground.