• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I-Beams

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Kind of a broad question...

Do you have pictures of the wall in question? Are there access hatches?

Billct2

Depends on access. Best to do as much exploring as possible, and always write a clause in contract about changes due to unknown conditions.

MikePro

if unable to gain access to inspect from backside/top, then play minesweeper with a small/long masonary drillbit into a mortar line. easy to fill/patch clean.

signage

if unable to gain access to inspect from backside/top, then play minesweeper with a small/long masonary drillbit into a mortar line. easy to fill/patch clean.

If your going to do this then insert a endoscope camera.

Bradley Signs

Bradley Signs
If there is a drop ceiling, you can lift a panel and have a look around. If the outside is covered in Stucco, there could be 4 or 6" of foam outside, and strand board behind it with typical 16 or 24" on center wooden 2x6 construction, or steel 2x4's so to speak.
There is most likely a steel lentil.. beam... above the windows, if it has many windows in it... Codes are diff all over the place.
Look on line and see if you can find the Architect, or ask at city hall who it was...
I hated all that detective work.
You young'uns can have it all.

AF

Structural drawings should be available at the local planning office. Good luck getting cooperation from them...