• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I found myself here

mike rau

I'm 37 years old and just quit my job of over 18 years due to health reason..that said I bought a Gerber edge 2 and a En vision plotter, I'm learning fast I have help with the program end brother is an engineer and the system is similar to what he uses... I need to lern about everything to do with this business the biggest thing is pricing... I have a ton of business already, cant wait to get to know all of you and pick your brains thanks mike

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Welcome to our boards.

I've run an Edge system since 1998 profitably. I price its output at retail on cast vinyl at about $12 a linear foot for one spot color to $25 a foot for 4 color process plus UV-Abrasion Guard. Setup is priced separately.

The thing to keep in mind is that the Edge is not an inkjet and is not well suited to compete head on with them at typical wide format sizes.. It puts you squarely in the decal, label and specialty sign business with a high end product that commands a better price. Along the way you can also do very well with all the common fare of commercial sign making. The larger the size the less appropriate an Edge is to produce it.

There is a huge continuing demand for short run print and cut graphics. Focus on what the Edge does well and you will do well.

mike rau

Welcome to our boards.

I've run an Edge system since 1998 profitably. I price its output at retail on cast vinyl at about $12 a linear foot for one spot color to $25 a foot for 4 color process plus UV-Abrasion Guard. Setup is priced separately.

The thing to keep in mind is that the Edge is not an inkjet and is not well suited to compete head on with them at typical wide format sizes.. It puts you squarely in the decal, label and specialty sign business with a high end product that commands a better price. Along the way you can also do very well with all the common fare of commercial sign making. The larger the size the less appropriate an Edge is to produce it.

There is a huge continuing demand for short run print and cut graphics. Focus on what the Edge does well and you will do well.

Thanks for the advice it was great this is why I joined this board thanks alot Fred

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Another PA welcome..............

:help: I’m not so sure Fred’s advice is all the right on.

Heck, after all these years at it…. and now he babysits all 6,500 of us. I don’t consider that a huge stepping stone.

:Big Laugh :Big Laugh

SignosaurusRex

Welcome aboard! from the Pacific N.W. WARNING!.... The Doctor of Signology has determined that this site is extremely addictive. Regular use only hurts sometimes, however, FEAR NOT...... You'll be on the Hard Stuff before you know it!

:thumb: :Welcome: 2 :signs101:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Another PA welcome..............

:help: I’m not so sure Fred’s advice is all the right on.

Heck, after all these years at it…. and now he babysits all 6,500 of us. I don’t consider that a huge stepping stone.

:Big Laugh :Big Laugh

As I've posted on a number of occasions, anyone who has ever run an Edge understands where the babysitting time comes from. :Cool 2: