• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I hate some people.....

showcase 66

I have talked to her and I am still doing the job. I have been professional with her the whole time. There is going to be an additional charge which she is fine with now. I have to drive up to Vegas to get the Acrylic and the right color vinyl she wants. Fluorescent Pink on the windows.

Slower than normal, doesnt mean nothing else to do. On Monday I start lettering a fleet of trucks and trailers. I need to have everything ready to go by Monday. I also had to get 42 coro signs ready for this weekend for a race going on. What I ment by the comment was basically no outside work to do. No installs or anything like that.

I just wanted to vent a bit. The last time I vented out to my wife I was in the dog house for a bit. Not happening again. If I would have typed earlier everything I really wanted to say to her or what I was thinking, it would have not been pretty.

Just to hear some of your responses reminds me that I am not the only person going through things like this. Thanks for that.

Now that, that is said.

I am off to Vegas to get supplies. Get to try the new bridge over the Hoover Dam. Hope it holds up.

stickygraphics12

I had a Salon like that last year. Did a sign for her. Bulbs were burnt out in the sign and she failed to get them(she said she would take care of getting them) in time for my install on the panel. So I was nice and said I would come back up and put the bulbs in for her at no charge. She doesn't call for 2 weeks, tells me to come do them the same day(which I wasn't able to do), so we set up an appointment for 2 days later and she never showed up. After waiting for an hour, I left. 2 hours later I get a call and she is yelling at me because I wouldn't come right back up an put the bulbs in. Needless to say, we will not do business again and it does not one bit bother me! Sometimes it's not worth dealing with certain people!

I would let her pay the extra $450 and move on to my next project without any worries!

Mosh

Fluorescent Pink...does she understand how long this will last? This might be your next problem in 6-8 months!

"Deposit Please"

I've had people like that. Last minute rush & they throw it in your face. Poor planning on their part isn't an emergency on mine unless they pay rush first. Always a "Deposit Please"

Patrick46

One thing I haven't heard anyone mention, is that this gal is opening a new business during an economically slow time. I think that takes guts, not to mention ALOTTA WORK!!! Especially now that opening time has closed in.

Ya think she may have a plate full, and is maybe 'stressed' a bit??? :frustrated:

Alittle compassion and good faith will do wonders for her nerves, (and for yours as well). If done diplomatically, it could potentially turn her from a screaming bitch, to a pleasant person to deal with, and maybe even into a friend.

To me...this is essential to being a good businessman. Look at things from HER point of view. You don't have to be a suckup...just get the situation calmed down. It's so much nicer to conduct business with calm people. :thumb:

All the best!

Jillbeans

No matter how stressed she had no reason to holler at you.
I would tell her that you are the one who is helping her with signs which she signed and agreed to the terms of, hello, you need money to order in her specialty tacky-ass pink vinyl.
I'd make her sign a waiver, too, as to it not staying t!tty pink longer than 6 months, which is probably as long as her salon will last if this is an example of her planning skills.
I have a feeling you will be getting regular calls about problems with the signs.
I am crabby too, I have a rush job which I finished early that has been sitting here all day.
Person doesn't answer their phone or respond to emails.
Love.....Jill

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Jill, that reminded me of one. We flatbed printed about 75 sheets of 4' x 8's from Wednesday lunchtime on til about an hour ago.

One ad agency [frickin' broker], said they'd needed them by lunchtime today. They're done and they're still sitting here at 6pm.

Marlene, Marlene.... I have reason #708 for ya.................... :ROFLMAO:​

Something about it.... you just get used to it.
The money will be worth the same Monday as today. No sense getting upset over nothing new.

Gonna go home and get ready to go to a Halloween Party. This lady ain't gonna get to me........ dammit, frickin' brokering prickette :Oops:

Locals Find!

Jill, that reminded me of one. We flatbed printed about 75 sheets of 4' x 8's from Wednesday lunchtime on til about an hour ago.

One ad agency [frickin' broker], said they'd needed them by lunchtime today. They're done and they're still sitting here at 6pm.

Marlene, Marlene.... I have reason #708 for ya.................... :ROFLMAO:​

Something about it.... you just get used to it.
The money will be worth the same Monday as today. No sense getting upset over nothing new.

Gonna go home and get ready to go to a Halloween Party. This lady ain't gonna get to me........ dammit, frickin' brokering prickette :Oops:

That is just Rude Behavior regardless of who it comes from and I don't think anyone should be treated like you got treated. That is the kinda person that give Ad Agencies (Brokers) like myself the bad rap.

I understand you better now.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That is just Rude Behavior regardless of who it comes from and I don't think anyone should be treated like you got treated. That is the kinda person that give Ad Agencies (Brokers) like myself the bad rap.

I understand you better now.

If you only knew........................ :wink: