• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I have a project where the client wants 2" depth Aluminium dimensionals studded for install no illumination.

Magman

We have a cnc but I've never routed a 2" sheet and I'm sure that would be incredibly expensive. So is this a job for Gemini, or what would you do to make the 2" depth aluminum letters? 1/4" ones I think we do in ACM and paint.

Thanks for your ideas

DChorbowski

Pixel Pusher
We have a cnc but I've never routed a 2" sheet and I'm sure that would be incredibly expensive. So is this a job for Gemini, or what would you do to make the 2" depth aluminum letters? 1/4" ones I think we do in ACM and paint.

Thanks for your ideas
That doesnt make much sense, they are probably meant to be hollow, with open backs. 2" thick letters would not only be incredibly expensive but also incredibly heavy.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Get the minnesota type letters and have them painted whatever color you want. If they need to be brushed effect, they can do it, just the returns will look a little different.

JBurton

Signtologist
I gather that but I think Gemini casts this sort of thing.
A 12" cast aluminum letter would be between 1.5" and 2" thick, they are cheaper than the same size 1/2" thick plate letters, they've really got their casting down to an art. Fabricated letters have a 'neater' look to them, but I myself prefer good old cast metal.