• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I just have to know

ABPGraphics

I really would love to know a ballpark of what you would charge - I have already quoted this job and am TERRIFIED I have underbid - there are 10 tankers

the copy on the sides is approx 25' wide the copy on the back is 3' wide standard HP oracal vinyl the globes will be printed one pass - all copy is one pass (I made sure of that) they supplied the artwork

:help

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 146
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 139

HulkSmash

I really would love to know a ballpark of what you would charge - I have already quoted this job and am TERRIFIED I have underbid - there are 10 tankers

the copy on the sides is approx 25' wide the copy on the back is 3' wide standard HP oracal vinyl the globes will be printed one pass - all copy is one pass (I made sure of that) they supplied the artwork

:help

Really 1 pass..?

HulkSmash

what's the exact dimensions (w x h) of each graphic.

actually just give me an overall Sqft of printed and installed graphics on each truck

ABPGraphics

The sides BT EXP, Global Services, Vernal, UT & phone number - 62 Sq Ft. - the box and globe 6.25 Sq Ft - the back 8.6 Sq. ft.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you have so much information, why don't you just tell us your already quoted price ?? You're kinda doing this backwards.

Most people come here without a clue as to how to price something... then want to know what everyone else is getting round the world. You've already done your homework, landed the job and now want to know if you left money on the table.

Most people won't post up numbers, but we can at least point you in the right direction after we have some input from you.

They
must've jumped too fast and now you're second guessing yourself. :Oops:

Biker Scout

That's a pretty good profit for each tanker. But are you printing them as a white square, or on Clear? What about lamination? Tankers get abused by the cleaning companies they usually contract out to.

Malkin

I assume this would be print-n-cut or cut vinyl.

I say you're in the ballpark, albeit a little competitive, but not low-ball.
We probably would have quoted $1800 - $1900

Ponto

...."They must've jumped too fast and now you're second guessing yourself. :Oops:[/QUOTE]"

...Don't you just hate that..........if all the bases are covered...material, labour, etc. etc....you should be fine.....if not, then :banghead:

JP

Biker Scout

it will be both mostly cut vinyl and the globes will be digital w/ laminate

Ahh... heck yeah. That's a good price.

(But I don't know about that whole 1 pass thing. Sounds like something a lowball shop would do. How can you stand behind your quality and your product when you purposely give them crap? You are already going through the trouble of offering High Performance Oracal for the cut vinyl. Why jip them on the printed portion? You have to get into the habit of being pickier than your clients... they will always refer you business as a way to say thanks for the extra effort.)

Last edited by a moderator:

ABPGraphics

Ahh... heck yeah. That's a good price.

(But I don't know about that whole 1 pass thing. Sounds like something a lowball shop would do. How can you stand behind your quality and your product when you purposely give them crap?)

really? - I think I give them years of quality service - I guess it takes #$%@
to know #$%@

Biker Scout

Yeah, I'm in the Las Vegas market... the low ball central of the United States. There are shops here that will bait and switch you just to get you in the door. Promise you 3M vinyl and lam, and when you get your product they aren't laminated and on chinese "pre-curled" vinyl... and printed in 1 pass.

I'm not calling you or your work crap... just cutting corners when it's not really any extra effort to bump up the print quality.

ABPGraphics

not cutting corners - just got lucky that each line will fit within my 24" plotter - will save so much time not having to do top half bottom half

Biker Scout

Oh, you are talking about cut vinyl... I was thinking that you were talking about the printer setting. I believe ColoradoSigns was thinking the same thing.

Apples & Oranges my friend. No... you totally scored an easy profit on this one.