• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I want to pull my hair out!

jiarby

This customer got the bid for a job that we were in the running for.

Tell us more about how this happened....

How did someone jobbing the print out underbid you when you are the one printing it anyway!?

I would not print a job for a competitor that bid against me on a job.

housemusikid

Tell us more about how this happened....

How did someone jobbing the print out underbid you when you are the one printing it anyway!?

I would not print a job for a competitor that bid against me on a job.

Ok...we bid for a job with a sports team. We were told we pretty much got the job. We were thrilled! Next day, we were contacted by the team and told someone knew someone at another printing company, so they got it.

Our owner went there to drop off his business card and inspect their facilities. NO capabilities for 8' banners, 3 people work there and all they had was a small printer. He told them "if they need anything, here's my card."

They called 2 days ago and needed these banners ASAP for the job were originally thought we were going to get.

The new order that they placed yesterday were for 158"x180" x3 and 84"x144" x2 street graphics by 10am FRIDAY. The material had to be ordered and it will be here today.

NO SLEEP AGAIN TONIGHT!

heyskull

I hope you charged this company a lot more than you were gonna charge the sports team.
It will teach them not to take jobs on they cannot accomplish!
Also If I hadn't recieved the artwork 2 days before print I would have told them it was not going to happen.
Finally because it is a rush job an additional charge of 25%+ As it is pointless that you have to work into the night and this a**hole is asleep in bed.

SC

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Definite rush charge time! I've flat out told customers that want something like this in one day - "I can do this as fast as you can afford". :) Of course jokingly but at the same time quite serious.

Pat Whatley

I hope you charged this company a lot more than you were gonna charge the sports team.
It will teach them not to take jobs on they cannot accomplish!

Why's that? A full 70 - 80% of what I sell these days is stuff I can't accomplish. Subcontractors are your friend.