• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I want to pull my hair out!

housemusikid

:frustrated:

I had a customer call yesterday afternoon at 4 and want 2 banners by Thursday at noon. Here's the thing...they are 7'x52' (yes foot) and there is 2 of them. I am still waiting for the art. This customer got the bid for a job that we were in the running for. They have NO capabilities to print and now rely on us. It is now 11:20 am and I still have NO FILE. I want to pull my hair out. What is sleep? I wanted to voice my frustration with people I knew have been in the same boat.

The customer just called and wanted a 150"x180" street graphic (x2) with lamination, by 10 am tomorrow too! UGH!!!! :banghead:

TheSnowman

Whenever people have called me wanting jobs like this, they generally end up in a disaster because the customer wants it yesterday, didn't really think through what it should have really been, and then I have to beg for my money. I will still do them if they sign off on everything and pay up front...but I've seen this scenario too many times where I'd have something in "an hour" and it was the day they needed it, and I still hadn't heard anything about it.

Si Allen

Time to call the customer and tell them that they are running out of time ... you need the art work ... or no banners by Thursday!

housemusikid

Art was supposed to be here at 10am this morning. It is still not here and it is 12:15pm. I AM GOING TO LUNCH!

They will be getting this Thursday afternoon! I told my boss to buy me a cot and a case of beer for the rest of this week!

:toasting:

jc1cell

I'd have set a deadline and added a zillion dollar rush fee.
The noive!
Love....Jill

Whenever people have called me wanting jobs like this, they generally end up in a disaster because the customer wants it yesterday, didn't really think through what it should have really been, and then I have to beg for my money. I will still do them if they sign off on everything and pay up front...but I've seen this scenario too many times where I'd have something in "an hour" and it was the day they needed it, and I still hadn't heard anything about it.

Time to call the customer and tell them that they are running out of time ... you need the art work ... or no banners by Thursday!

I hear the word "all night-er" coming into play, I do hope you are charging appropriately!

These

Jillbeans

If you join the premium section, GG, WrapsX3, iSign, and some others will keep you entertained all night!

SignManiac

Sucks to be you tonight:notworthy:

I'm sprawled out on the couch with Heineken in hand watching Jeopardy!

Hope they pay you well :thumb: