• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I was really high yesterday...

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I sometimes peruse Youtube for insane sign installations. Anyone else seen this helicopter install at the top of a highrise in Nashville?

Not until now... Thank you for sharing that. I hope that's our Tex pulling off projects like that in the future!

Boudica

Why are you guys even looking at "that"? Pretty sure that makes you G.A.Y.
Well, the package is in the product... Maybe the guys are seeing the benefits, and considering said product. And for some reason, wondering, hoping... they too will be able to show their chubby through the, product. Or packaging?

Boudica

1659672837550.png

SignosaurusRex

:thumb: Are these letters Illuminated? If so, I'd be concerned about the "Light Bloom" bleed-over between the NE in LONE and the IN in GRAIN.
Whatever happened to proper "kerning"? At that height, clean readability is compromised even without illumination.
Had more consideration and correction been given to this project, I would have used both thumbs. :doh:

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
View attachment 160787

How does this work? You slip off the catwalk and try to land (or grab) onto the beam on the way down?
I think that's an overbuilt tie off point for the truck drivers to use while they are on top of their trailers during unloading. It keeps them from becoming part of the animal feed. The splat stain would not be nearly as impressive at that height as one from a fall off that catwalk so they push safety at low levels more than up high.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
:thumb: Are these letters Illuminated? If so, I'd be concerned about the "Light Bloom" bleed-over between the NE in LONE and the IN in GRAIN.
Whatever happened to proper "kerning"? At that height, clean readability is compromised even without illumination.
Had more consideration and correction been given to this project, I would have used both thumbs. :doh:
The new name was an additional letter from the old but I had to stay in the same 33' width so it got tight. Perfectly readable from that distance and was tested both in daytime and night at that distance prior to install. (You must of missed that post a few weeks ago) I already said it wasn't perfect but did you miss that? See when you don't pay attention or skip classes, you miss important information. Would like to see your projects if you have any to share with the class?

Last edited:

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I think that's an overbuilt tie off point for the truck drivers to use while they are on top of their trailers during unloading. It keeps them from becoming part of the animal feed. The splat stain would not be nearly as impressive at that height as one from a fall off that catwalk so they push safety at low levels more than up high.
Looks like it's above the railroad.

20220803_095802.jpg