• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

If anyone needs help..

JoshLoring

I've got some php that needs redone for Html5. I'll get it together. Maybe we can help each other in some aspect.

Locals Find!

I have a question - can you suggest a good book to get started learning the basics of php (Not one of the PHP for dummies ones either I tried that one and felt like it was more of step backwards than forwards)

Mike F

I have a question - can you suggest a good book to get started learning the basics of php (Not one of the PHP for dummies ones either I tried that one and felt like it was more of step backwards than forwards)

http://w3schools.com/default.asp

By no means will this site turn you into a code monkey over night, but it's a great place to start. It's where I started when I taught myself HTML and CSS about 10 years ago, and also where I went when I dabbled in php earlier this year.

JoshLoring

<?php if ($this->countThisforumn( 'Newbs' )) : ?>
<div class="This-One">
<101doc:include type="modules" name="Newbs" style="raw" />
</div>
<?php endif; ?>

Bunny

Book suggestion

I found that the best reference for my purposes was PHP and MYSQL Web Development - Written by Luke Welling and Laura Thompson. I'd also suggest that you get the O'Reilly regex reference book, because that will make your life much easier in the long run.

It's a very high learning curve for most, but it's rewarding if you stick with it. Or you can delegate it to someone who's got a good portfolio and can take your ideas and make them happen. Remember though, they're NOT mind-readers! ;)