• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Illustrator cs2

John362

How do i cut things that i make in illustrator?
im using robo software that came with my graphtec to cut but i would like to design stuff in illustrator

thanks
john

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I didn't know Graphtec made a hobby cutter. Interesting....Looking at the Graphtec site, it looks like .dxf is the only file you can import if you have the ROBO master software. Convert your tect to curves and make sure you have no stroke and everything is united or compound and it should work in .dxf (Autocad 13)

You can download the manual off the site if you do not have it handy.

iSign

so are you saying you did get your file exported as a .DXF file...

and then you are saying the .DXF file doesn't get recognized either?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
From Illustrator CS2, click Save As. Change "Save as Type" to Illustrator EPS. Click Save. The next dialog appears. In the topmost dropdown menu, select Illustrator 3 EPS the click OK.

This file should appear without any problem when opened in the Graphtec software.

John362

Hey fred i did exactley as you said and it still says "the file format is not supported"
when i try to open it in the robo software

WVB

Hey fred i did exactley as you said and it still says "the file format is not supported"
when i try to open it in the robo software

Why not just contact Graphtec Tech Support or the place from which you purchased this cutter/software..? I would try as Rick stated...

John362

alright i got it to export as a dxf file but its only exporting the offsets of the text and not the actual letters

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
All effects should be expanded and you may also need to convert your text to outlines before exporting.

Unless you are running an engraver or a router, you will find that DXF is a garbage format when compared to EPS which preserves your Bezier curves and is particularly good for vinyl cutting.

Download the file I gave you a link for and see if it comes into your Graphtec software.