• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I'm looking for someone that can print 8 1/2 x 11 decal sheets on clear vinyl

signmeup

I'm looking into re-launching some of my old r/c airplane kits. Part of the kits was an 8 1/2" x 11" decal sheet. They need white in them and I sold my ALPS printer so I need someone with a printer capable of printing white on 2 mil clear vinyl. What is the best technology for this sort thing.(it's been about ten years since I closed up the airplane kit business)

Adrian

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
You need someone with a Gerber Edge for smaller volumes or some other printing tech for higher volumes. I had an Alps too way back when. I think it was the MD1000 - slow noisy thing but much like a Gerber Edge it could do things that no liquid ink printer could do.

signmeup

The old ALPS was an amazing device for the money. I sold because it getting so old that it would soon be impossible to get cartridges for. An old Roland would probably be even better but same problem with the ink. I can't afford a Summa at this point.

Adrian

OldPaint

problem with the ALPS... i still have my MD-1300......was......there are no printer drivers for it after WIN98SE............
got the same type a problem with WINDOWS 7........if i upgrade to it i will have to buy a new scanner.....WIN 7 has no drivers for the CANON 656U.....

signmeup

Hey OP!

I got my ALPS 5000 to run on XP as I recall. Costly to run but it sure made nice decals for my airplane kits. Cartridges are hard to come by now. I have a few in a box that I need to get on ebay before no one wants them anymore.

Adrian

jfiscus

Rap Master
An edge is what you'd want. We have two here and they print just as much as our large format printers. they do quality precision work and print any solid color (or translucent) on clear.

signmeup

An edge is what you'd want. We have two here and they print just as much as our large format printers. they do quality precision work and print any solid color (or translucent) on clear.

Can I send you a file for a quote?

Adrian