• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I'm running this ad in the World Series Program

skdave

This is the Ad I'm running in the program for the American and National league Championship program plus the World Series Program. About 800.000 Copies will be printed.
I'm trying to Brand a few of my web sites.
What do you all think of my AD?

Attachments

• WS_Canvas.jpg
    WS_Canvas.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

RebeckaR

I think it's misleading. The photo shows a stretched canvas, while in smaller print below it says rolled.
So how many unhappy customers (because people don't read the details) are going to be contacting you because their little canvas is useless without the stretchers?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
What type of "maze" does one have to run through to obtain the "free" shipping? Do they have to visit all three sites, assemble a code, and then return to your site?

phototec

Bate and switch?

I think it's misleading. The photo shows a stretched canvas, while in smaller print below it says rolled.
So how many unhappy customers (because people don't read the details) are going to be contacting you because their little canvas is useless without the stretchers?

Yep, that's called "False Advertising", showing a mounted/stretched canvas in the ad, and then later when the customer receives their rolled up print instead of what is featured in the ad, they will NOT be a happy customer, kind of like bate a switch.

I know I would not be very happy, and I'll bet most of your customers will be upset with you.

It's best to be upfront, and show the customer what they will actually be receiving for their $4.95, like on the website listed below, they clearly show what you get and also have up-charge options for mounting like you are featuring in your ad.

http://www.photos2canvas2u.com/rolledprints.html

Attachments

• rolled_prints_frame.jpg
    rolled_prints_frame.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 127

Pat Whatley

Regardless of whatever the "deal" is that ad looks like crap. Sorry, just how I see it. The "washed out" fireworks background with the magic perspective photo and the 30 lines of slanted copy all SCREAM 1986. I almost expected the guy in the photo to be Max Headroom.

skdave

Phototek and RebeckaR
We made changes today based on you comments . thank you.
Dave

jiarby

I think you will do alot of business but not make much (if any) money. Keep us posted on the results.

CL Graphics

Your gonna lose your azz on this deal. Canvas and ink $1 sq ft. Shipping $2. Pissing around with customer supplied photos 15 minutes each $15. Equals a net profit of minus $12

TheSellOut

If it's anything like the 98cent banners, the customer will be spending a lot more money than they thought!

BTW, the layout is nothing special but it might work for your target audience.