• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Import PDF file into CorelDraw and one name changes....

GeoZ

Good morning all, I have been sent a PDF file from one of my customers, a file that I have imported and printed off in the past without problems, everytime it has a different address on it.

This time if I open the PDF in Acrobat Reader, or Illustrator, or Omega Composer, the address is "The Smithfield Estate" which is what it should be.

However, if I import it into CorelDraw (version 2019 or X17) that name becomes "Sanderson Court"!!!!!
Doesn't matter if you open it with text as text or text as curves, makes no difference.

Can anyone else try opening this file and tell me if I'm seeing things?

Thank you :)

Attachments

• Bin Store Vinyl Smithfield.pdf
    208.3 KB · Views: 422

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Seeing the same thing here in my old copy of Corel - X5.
Have not run into this before.
Must be some flag set that only Corel sees and sets.
Can you use the file from one of the programs that opens it correctly or it needs to be in Corel Draw for editing?

GeoZ

Seeing the same thing here in my old copy of Corel - X5.
Have not run into this before.
Must be some flag set that only Corel sees and sets.
Can you use the file from one of the programs that opens it correctly or it needs to be in Corel Draw for editing?

Thanks for trying, and yes I can get around it by retyping the name.
It's just so strange, never happened before! The funny thing is that the other name is a sign we've done a long time ago.
Whoever created the PDF in the first place must have replaced the name but somehow the PDF is hiding the old name.

Bradley Signs

Bradley Signs
Good morning all, I have been sent a PDF file from one of my customers, a file that I have imported and printed off in the past without problems, everytime it has a different address on it.

This time if I open the PDF in Acrobat Reader, or Illustrator, or Omega Composer, the address is "The Smithfield Estate" which is what it should be.

However, if I import it into CorelDraw (version 2019 or X17) that name becomes "Sanderson Court"!!!!!
Doesn't matter if you open it with text as text or text as curves, makes no difference.

Can anyone else try opening this file and tell me if I'm seeing things?

Thank you :)

Attachments

• Bin Store Vinyl Smithfield.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 381

brycesteiner

It seems to open fine in Affinity Designer.
I don't even see hidden fields in it. I opened in Acrobat and tore it apart with Pitstop and there's nothing. I wonder if you found some kind of easter egg in Corel.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 8.53.52 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 8.53.52 AM.jpg
    465.6 KB · Views: 393

JoeRees

You're definitely missing a required font but I don't grasp how that rewrites the spelling.

49033128333_6c69f6530f_b.jpg

49033575241_a93658ffea.jpg

WildWestDesigns

Haven't tried corel yet but it opened in signlab ok. I was going to upload for you as an ai or eps but apparently that is not allowed. Feel free to email me if you want the file dave@flemingsignsandgraphics.com

Just tried it in corel it says file is corrupted.

Put those files into a zip file and that should be able to be attached.

Or maybe try renaming the extension to something that is allowed (just the other person has to change it back if that works).

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Interesting that one line of text changes into another properly spelled and in context line. Is the fraudulent line somewhere in the PDF? Perhaps overlayed with the correct text?

myront

CorelDRAW is best
I agree with JoeRees. The file come in for me (X7) using the correct fonts because I happened to have those. But it does change to a different address as explained. It is most bizarre and intriguing at the same time.

unclebun

When I import to Corel 2019 or open in AI, I get an error popup that says "Document contains fonts that have been reinterpreted."

JoeRees

When I import to Corel 2019 or open in AI, I get an error popup that says "Document contains fonts that have been reinterpreted."
I've never heard the word 'reinterpreted' before but it sure is a clue. So I googled it and found this suggestion to change the PDFs extension to .ai or .eps which seems to have worked...
Bizarrely, even with the missing font both the spelling and font displays correctly when imported as curves. No clue how that is possible.

49034586466_eca8492ee5_z.jpg

Billct2

Fly tipping...for those who are afraid of cows and have very tiny hands.......
actually British for illegal dumping (I guess tip (dump) the load and fly (take off)

GeoZ

Thank you all for taking time to look at this for me.
At least I know it's not just me being intrigued as to why this is happening :confused:

GeoZ

I've never heard the word 'reinterpreted' before but it sure is a clue. So I googled it and found this suggestion to change the PDFs extension to .ai or .eps which seems to have worked...
Bizarrely, even with the missing font both the spelling and font displays correctly when imported as curves. No clue how that is possible.

49034586466_eca8492ee5_z.jpg

Joe, what corel version did you use?
I had tried both renaming the pdf to .eps and .ai, but I still get the same wrong text appear (both with "as text" and "as curves").
So strange.....