• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Importing .PLT files into Flexi?????

Shovelhead

I just got the latest Flexi....there are (3) HPGL (.PLT) options to import into Flexi....none are working....
:help:
:Coffee:

SteadyBenny

I've noticed plt files from Corel have excessive nodes, almost like cutting a bitmap...
I'd convert to AI 88 or 1.1 which Flexi has no issues with at all.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
You're confusing HPGL and Gerber PLT. HPGL is linear data, hence lots of nodes. Gerber PLT is bezier curves and is completely different. Current versions of Flexi do not import Gerber PLT.

Matthew Scher

PLT files are not problem in Flexi 7.6

We announced Flexi 7.6 yesterday and it will be coming out this week. It includes import filters for Gerber GA and Omega PLT files.

Matthew Scher

Flexi 7.6 has been announced

Hi Fred,

Yes, Flexi 7.6 was announced this week and you should be able to find details of what is new on our web site. Feel free to discuss the new features that you used as a beta site.

Bob Gilliland

Does Flexisign 7.6 support the new Gerber 2.1 plt file format or only versions prior to that (Omega 2.0 and lower; GA 6.2 and lower)?

BBworks

OMEGA to FLEXI THIS IS POSSIBLE!!

I have Flexi and 2 versions of gerber omega. I need nto print and cut back and forth all the time. Flexi wilkl open omega .plts saved as version 1.56 but not the 2.0 versions. Flexi will alow you to open as cuts or print and cuts.,