• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Imron Paint Curing Time

CanDoASign4U

I have a lettering job to do on a fire truck door that is being painted with Imron paint. I know that there is a necessary curing time for out gassing but I'm not sure what that time may be. Anyone have an idea?

Johnny Best

If the paint was prepped right and put down correctly I have put vinyl down on top of Imron after 48 hours. You can feel the hardness of the finish but to be on the safe side, go 7 days.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'd wait the 7 days. I think we used to say between 5 and 7 days, which put you into the next week, with a weekend in there to help cure it. Personally, I didn't work with it, but had a good friend who did. That stuff is so thick and like mentioned, if prepped properly will last a long long time. They even paint trains with it nowadays, it's so strong and durable.