• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

In a Jam Need Vendor

Blazingsun

Hey all, need a Vendor (Besides Gemni) that can cut and Polish 1/8 Brass... Gemini claims they can't do it with out mounting studs... Gemini says they can to it in 1/4 with blind mounts.. but this is to thick..it will not match..

Trying to match existing Logo Brass must be Mounted Flush.

Attachments

• logo.jpg
    logo.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 100

firesignz

Celebrating 10 Years in business
Not sure who else to try, but couldn't you use the Gemini ones buy remove the mounting studs and replacing with your mounting media? Cost will be slightly more but if you can't find another vendor to make it, this might work for the situation.

Just a thought.

Blazingsun

Not sure who else to try, but couldn't you use the Gemini ones buy remove the mounting studs and replacing with your mounting media? Cost will be slightly more but if you can't find another vendor to make it, this might work for the situation.

Just a thought.

That could be done but the heat generated my cause a problem with the Finish plus take the risk of damaging them.. Spoke with gemini again and they have whats called gemleaf its acrylic with gold leaf looks like The metal laminate, but doesn't have the noticeable edge I may go that route..they say its pretty close to looking like Brass.

Another issue is Gemini takes so long to get a quote....

Air Art Girl

I'm so pissed with Gemini.

I wish there were better options.

Called them on a plaque, we had plenty of time to get it done before the date needed. They fumbled around with even getting me the art approval until we ran out of time and now they have to red label it to me. They are sending it out today for a ceremony tomorrow. On my dime of course.

As soon as I get the thing I am calling to complain to see if I can get some shipping credit back. Plus.......and excuse me here, I don't usually cut people down but.......the woman handeling my order was one of the most stupid people I have ever dealt with. Don't know if she was new or what but half the time acted like she didn't know anything. uuuuugh.

Blazingsun

I'm so pissed with Gemini.

I wish there were better options.

Called them on a plaque, we had plenty of time to get it done before the date needed. They fumbled around with even getting me the art approval until we ran out of time and now they have to red label it to me. They are sending it out today for a ceremony tomorrow. On my dime of course.

As soon as I get the thing I am calling to complain to see if I can get some shipping credit back. Plus.......and excuse me here, I don't usually cut people down but.......the woman handeling my order was one of the most stupid people I have ever dealt with. Don't know if she was new or what but half the time acted like she didn't know anything. uuuuugh.

I here ya...The last to People I spoke to about this project where no help at all had no suggestions its like they don't even know there own products.. There catalog's are useless for pricing every time i request a quote the price is no where near what I come up with from the catalog..

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I never use Gemini meself, How big?

Why can't they solder pins to the brass, then pre-drill the pvc/acrylic backer so the pins run through it. VHB the pinned brass graphic to the backer, with the pins hanging out, pin/adhesive to the wall.

Another idea is if the pads they have are 1/8" then you can cut the backer around it so the brass is holding the complete sign to the wall, the backer is attached to the brass. This will work only if they recommend using something like lords adhesive with their brass material and mounting pads.

Blazingsun

I never use Gemini meself, How big?

Why can't they solder pins to the brass, then pre-drill the pvc/acrylic backer so the pins run through it. VHB the pinned brass graphic to the backer, with the pins hanging out, pin/adhesive to the wall.

Another idea is if the pads they have are 1/8" then you can cut the backer around it so the brass is holding the complete sign to the wall, the backer is attached to the brass. This will work only if they recommend using something like lords adhesive with their brass material and mounting pads.

Its a 6" Circle..

Dam Rick, you are the Circle King... That just might work...Some times the simple fixs are right in front of your face....Man I gotta stop thinking out side the Box.. Thank You....

Ok now I know how its going to be made. I can now send the estimate to client..yeah...

Thanks all.

Blazingsun

not sure if your near Newburg NY but there is a company not far the orange county choppers named pollach , they do excellent polishing , they just did a 36 x 72 oval table for a sculpture we made with a mirror finish on stainless. http://www.polichtallix.com/index2.php#/home/

There North of us We are on long Island, but from the looks of their work, what I need they probably can do it with there eyes closed and both hands tide behind there backs..

Thanks I'll check them out for future jobs.. but Im gona go with Ricks suggestion..

Air Art Girl

you would think that...heck took 8 hours just for them to quote it..

only 8 hours, wow you were lucky.

got my red label shipping notice......$95.00.

I'll have the plaque for the ceremony tomorrow but they are going to hear from me on this shipping thing.

Border

Gemini... a great last resort. Luckily, I don't need this type of stuff very often. Ultra-disappointed with the last order on several levels, with no attempt of resolution on their part.
Added bummer, because that they are right in my backyard.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
not sure if your near Newburg NY but there is a company not far the orange county choppers named pollach , they do excellent polishing , they just did a 36 x 72 oval table for a sculpture we made with a mirror finish on stainless. http://www.polichtallix.com/index2.php#/home/

Wow, those guys are good.
You have to admire a company that can put out a 4ft tall perfectly mirror finished piece titled "butt plug".

wayne k
guam usa

Blazingsun

only 8 hours, wow you were lucky.

got my red label shipping notice......$95.00.

I'll have the plaque for the ceremony tomorrow but they are going to hear from me on this shipping thing.

glad to here you got your Plaque for the ceremony...give hell on the shipping....

Blazingsun

Project-update-Gemini "FIRED"

Well here's and update on this project:
Now going on two days to here from Gemini after forwarding final art to them for a go ahead on this I call them this morning to get a status and was told to check back later today day as they are backed up..and have no status on order....Well Just called them Still no status... Told Gemini To Forget the Order.. There "Fired!"

On the Other Hand contacted ARK Ramos after speaking with Gemini this morning. Quote in hand 3 hours after I emailed them. Just placed order with them..And they will make the brass & Polish with out the stud mounts.. Go Figure:helpOnly issue is they don't do Acrylic.. so Looks like Im Cutting the 6" acrylic Circle..I mean How hard can it be to cut a circle... ..(Don't Get made Rick)

GP

The plaque department dropped the ball on a huge order for us - which I did at a very slim margin since they shipped the client a catalog and wholesale price list the day before my presentation to the school board. The principal was kind enough to verbally reference the pricing as I presented my budget.

They have been very good in other departments and we still use them for dimensional lettering (for lack of alternative), although I am consistently unimpressed with their communication and lead time on quotes and production.

Sounds like you found a vendor, but I just received a catalog from Metallic Arts in Spokane, Washington. Don't know anything about them and their catalog looks suspiciously like Gemini, but you might give them a call.

Metallic Arts

Good luck,

GP