• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Info on my business insurance.

showcase 66

Yesterday I met with my insurance agent to go over all my plans to see if they could save me money. They did :thumb:. Anyway, as we were going over my business policy, I was informed that I am not allowed to put up signs or take sign faces down if it is above 10' if it is raining and I am only using a ladder. The key to the whole thing was the ladder. I asked if scaffolding would be ok and they said they would have to check into that. Turns out that scaffolding is okay but a little giant with planks of wood does not count. I have 2 little giants and I use them as scaffolding all the time.

Anyone else have this come up for them.

ova

Maybe your agent saw you the other day trying to take that 4x8 sign down in the wind using just a ladder.

Dave

showcase 66

Maybe your agent saw you the other day trying to take that 4x8 sign down in the wind using just a ladder.

Dave

Might have, It was only a block from my agent.

Who wants to work in the rain anyway?
True... Very True.

I should clarify a bit. My insurance will cover anything with the sign, but if I get hurt while on the ladder or someone is injured while I am up on the ladder than that is when I am not covered.

I think I got that right.

R08

Easy fix: Don't install signs over 10' in the rain on a ladder. Sounds dangerous anyway.

Billct2

If you get hurt your "business" insurance covers that? That would be Disabilty not "business" insurance and unless you're an employee of your own corporation I don't think you're covered.

showcase 66

If you get hurt your "business" insurance covers that? That would be Disabilty not "business" insurance and unless you're an employee of your own corporation I don't think you're covered.

So maybe I shouldnt have said business insurance. Liability insurance or what ever it is. I think..

All I remember from the meeting was.
Blah Blah can save you money. Blah Blah can't do that. BLah Blah we should change this. Blah Blah we just saved you 328 a year.

GypsyGraphics

all i remember from the meeting was.
Blah blah can save you money. Blah blah can't do that. Blah blah we should change this. Blah blah we just saved you 328 a year.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

no insurance company in their right mind would insure me on any ladder in any weather.
i once knocked myself out cold just standing next to a 6ft ladder... schooched it over a little... forgetting i'd left a hammer on top.

R08

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

no insurance company in their right mind would insure me on any ladder in any weather.
i once knocked myself out cold just standing next to a 6ft ladder... schooched it over a little... forgetting i'd left a hammer on top.

:ROFLMAO: Too Funny! I think I've done that more times than I care to admit.

John L

They dont want you doing dangerous things of course to keep their exposure within minimums. The laws that regulate the insurance industry are nutty though. The reason for that fine print that says something like "unless state law dictates otherwise" is because, in some states, they cant withold a liability claim even if you choose to perform a few jobs (within reason, something short of brain surgeries) and they don't quite work out.

Tony McD

According to my internet search, Arizona only gets about 5 inches of rain in a year!
We can get close to that in a day...so I just wouldn't work that day.