• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink Drop Out Issue - Mimaki JF 1631

artbot

one time i had yellow dropping out on an old fj150 and i tore that machine apart trying to figure out how to fix it. lost a client it took so long. ended up being a piece of paper that had jammed itself into the piercing needle. got it out by reverse flushing the line with a syringe.

jdwilliams1

one time i had yellow dropping out on an old fj150 and i tore that machine apart trying to figure out how to fix it. lost a client it took so long. ended up being a piece of paper that had jammed itself into the piercing needle. got it out by reverse flushing the line with a syringe.

I am in discussion now with Mimaki over the phone and will let you all know what I find out, but ironically he is asking me to attach air pressure to the ink line to see if something is plugged.

He also mentioned there were two small holes in the needle the goes into the cart and if one of those clogs then I would loose 50% of my ink.

jdwilliams1

OK, it now does sound like it's the ink channel somewhere from the needle that punctures the septum down to the damper. My guess is there's a clog/kink or leak somewhere in the line. Could be a bad fitting, etc.

Thanks walkerP, I am attacking the ink line today and hope to find a solution. I will post my findings, thanks again for all your help.

jdwilliams1

Any luck?

WalkerP and all other who helped. After countless hours on the phone white mimaki and 4 days onsite with my tech, we finally figured it to be the filter on top of the printhead between the damper and the head. Would have thought checking there would have been done early on in the process but live and learn. Thanks again everyone.

DDJF

Decommissioned JF1631

We recently decommissioned our JF1631 and have lots of parts new and used if you are ever in need.