• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink not consistent.

Signet

I have a problem I have not seen before. The first inch on the right side goes from light ink to the amount of ink that should be put down. If I print two 1 inch lines vertical the first has the problem, but the second prints fine.

I have done a head test and it looks good. I have not changed ink. I did change dampers and "O" rings. I uninstalled Flexi 8 and reinstalled it (this seems to fix most of the print problem I have) The printer in almost 4 years old, I am using Flexi 8.

Has anyone seen this problem?

FatCat

Haven't personally seen it before, but as you describe it sounds like it might be something similar to your head losing prime or some kind of reverse vacuum that is pulling your ink out of your head initially, but then comes back after the printer prints for a bit. Does it do this if you immediately print another job, or just when it's been sitting idle a while?

Signet

Every job has this problem for the last week. If it is a suck back problem. it is happening in the time the head returns to start the next pass, but if I have red as a border on a 62 inch banner the second side comes out fine. What baffles me is that the head test is consistent.