• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink not drying fast enough

gabagoo

Hi Guys, I have a jv150 for the last 2 or 3 years...upgraded from my jv130spll.
In the older printer my heat settings were about 45 pre and 40 print...the new printer's profiles (from Flexi) had much higher heat settings and basically from about a week in I lowered them with good results. Lately though I am running into far too many issues with dark colours not drying by the time they reach the take up reel. Mostly on retractable banner material, wherby it leaves a mottled image and the ink has transferred to the back side of the banner material. I run a fan in front of the printer to help dry any prints that are latched up and I suppose it works, but not all the time.
Do you think it is the heat settings?

Curious what others with this unit run their heat at?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Why don't you try various settings on various medias ?? After three years, some things could easily have changed/aged.

gabagoo

Why don't you try various settings on various medias ?? After three years, some things could easily have changed/aged.
Yea I suppose. I will try and increase post heat...but weird that what worked 6 months ago now is troublesome.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Yea I suppose. I will try and increase post heat...but weird that what worked 6 months ago now is troublesome.
Maybe the humidity in the room has gone up? I know here in Denver it can spike really fast when it rains because it's so dry here all the time.

APCInk

Merchant Member
Also, as you're in North America, make sure that the Voltage Selector switch on the side of the machine is set to "120V". If it's set to 220V then the machine will struggle to ever get up to the temperature requested (FYI, the electronics of the machine are self-switching to whatever voltage you plug into, but the heater voltage is set manually by this switch.