• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ink price L25500 or L26500

nate

For those of you with this machine, I'd like to ask a favor. Would you please either here, or by pm, let me know if your ink price per cartridge is below $120 / cart, or below $110 / cart? No specifics necessary-- I'm just curious how many fall in to each group.

Thanks.

wunder

Hello Nate,

I`m wondering how can this profiltably to print with the Latex Machines....Only I see the Customer Works for HP and there Profit.

Is this Possible to use the 770ml or with restink 40-70ml ?

For 770ml ~120$ for 1ltr. Latex ink ~155,-170$ woooh respect to HP to compensate her Profit. Good Advise to Use Latex :toasting:

Electrical Coast.......wauuuuuu......The machine needs to do its own nuclear reactor :ROFLMAO:

Is latex, really a alternative to solvent or UV? INk-coast 20-50$ per ltr.

best regards
wunder

ddarlak

Go Bills!
electrical cost? seriously?

i have barely seen my electric bill move since buying my HP 1.5 years ago. Last month was my highest electric bill @ $200, which was double the month before, but that was because i left my electric heater on over the weekend once and i have 300 feet of eletric gutter warmers plugged in.

i would have to say my printer cost about $40 a month to run

as far as ink, i am paying probably twice as much as when i was using Bulk eco solvent, but saving myself at least 10 hours a week in daiy maintenence.

I luv my HP

back to the topic, i get my 25500 carts for $129

ddarlak

Go Bills!
14.3 cents per Kwh here

that's still under a hundred bucks a month to run the HP.

profit margins must be tight in wunderbarland

Tim Aucoin

Getting my L25500 Cartridges for $127 each here in Calgary. Electricity is included in my lease, so I don't really worry so much about it! :wink:

The other side to this question... those of you running the L25500 / L26500... how much do you figure it is costing per square foot to run these inks, assuming 80 - 100% coverage? :rolleyes:

ProColorGraphics

I agree with the rediculous comments about it being a power hog. My TOTAL utilities for the year has went up maybe $100 to $150. And my HP runs AT LEAST twice as much as the Roland I had. Plus my most expensive gas bill has only been like $25, that's being in Minnesota even.

ProColorGraphics

Getting my L25500 Cartridges for $127 each here in Calgary. Electricity is included in my lease, so I don't really worry so much about it! :wink:

The other side to this question... those of you running the L25500 / L26500... how much do you figure it is costing per square foot to run these inks, assuming 80 - 100% coverage? :rolleyes:

I usually just go off of the web server for a close estimate on a specific job. Or average a few out.

nate

In Caldera we use a program called Cost View-- it gives an accurate accounting of what a print costs, both media and ink wise.

The HPs them selves also have this information on their embedded web server.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We pay $124 for ink and $97 for heads... Have been debating going to the SAM*INK bulk system now that there is a US distributor, can't beat ink at $69.95 per liter.

We have been averaging $0.17/sq ft according to HP Webview and Onyx, this is running 600x600 10 pass typically.

KevSign

We pay $124 for ink and $97 for heads... Have been debating going to the SAM*INK bulk system now that there is a US distributor, can't beat ink at $69.95 per liter.

We have been averaging $0.17/sq ft according to HP Webview and Onyx, this is running 600x600 10 pass typically.

Stay away from SAMink and other. Mess up my HPZ6100 same as Latex. Your printer keep pop-up for error message, tech will charge you a lot for try to fix. I was use 3 bulks and 3 carts from KAS ink, socal. In 6 months the ink chip takes turn error, they had to come replace, final major error replace mainboard, and other part over $850. Last error the full color yellow keep problem they gave me OEM ink so far it working now but NO MORE SAM-INK or other Ink on my HP.

Sorry I am still pi$$ about this problem. - Ink price $119.00 for L255 & L285
We still have Solvent 104" in the shop just for cheap clients.

Just print some 98" Poly Knit fabric with Caldera 9.01 - HP L28500
Profile: Aurora DS WBW Fabric (cut color down color gamut, picture and graphic print very nice)

Tim Aucoin

One of my local suppliers (you know who you are!!) watches posts on Signs101 and saw my post about the price I am paying for my L25500 ink. I am currently paying $127 per cartridge from a different local supplier (who does not watch Signs101).

Anyhow... I received an e-mail from this supplier saying that she saw my post and would speak to their "franchise liaison" regarding the price they charge us for ink for the L25500 and she came back to me and offered a price of $130 per cartridge. I haven't responded yet (and I know she's likely reading this post too!!). The current supplier offering the $127 price is one of my paper/graphic suppliers, and they are who I purchased the L25500 from originally. The supplier offering the $130 price is the one who I am starting to use more and more to purchase media and vinyl products.

I know the answer, but wanted to ask what you would do in this situation? I know it's only $3 per cartridge difference in price, but is it not a matter of principal? Why not come back to me with a matched price? Or better yet, maybe lower it by $5? Are the margins on these inks that tight? I'm betting not. I'm betting that someone down the line is making a killing off of selling these inks and we the end users are "stuck" in a supply and demand loop here where we are paying premium prices for a cartridge that probably costs $5 to produce! :banghead::banghead:

Okay, I'm done my ranting now! Thanks for listening (or reading).
And to my supplier who offered me the $130 price... I am not upset with you... I am upset with whoever is making the ridiculously high profits on this stuff. It's a good thing I don't treat my customers like HP (or whoever manufactures this ink) treats theirs!! :rolleyes::popcorn: