• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Inkscape

choucove

I've been curious about this program ever since seeing it was in-the-works about a year ago. I'm always a big fan of Open-Source! Perhaps I will just have to break down and try it out.

flyinhawaiian968

Wow! Looks to be a very interesting and capable program! Nice find, Shovel, now if I could just find some time to d/l and try it out...

Chris

GK

Its amazing how people have been selling Inkscape and GIMP on eBay and people are buying it...instead of just doing a search and finding it for...free.

ChiknNutz

I have it on my thumb drive as a portable app, but havnt even had chance to look at it.

Hey, I have a U3 drive, but doesn't the app need to be ported to make it portable or not? I'd like to put this on my drive too, but don't see a portable app available...is it on another site somewhere? Thanks!

GK

Hey, I have a U3 drive, but doesn't the app need to be ported to make it portable or not? I'd like to put this on my drive too, but don't see a portable app available...is it on another site somewhere? Thanks!

Install it on your computer and drag the entire folder on the flash drive. It is not a resource hog it works fine. Minimal registry keys as well.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
FREE...and so far, I like it better than CorelDraw.

http://www.inkscape.org/

you had mentioned inkscape a little while ago on here, and i downloaded it just to see what it was like.....and i must agree....for a free program it has some really great features...i only have draw 8.0 so it's not a fair comparison....

it's very easy to design in and a lot of the hotkeys are similar to other programs i've used....:clapping:

mekazilla

Looks promising, I like the way the vectors can be manipulated together.
But first problem is it doesn't like my tablet. Anyone else have tablet issues?

GK

Looks promising, I like the way the vectors can be manipulated together.
But first problem is it doesn't like my tablet. Anyone else have tablet issues?

can't say I have problems. Intuos3 and a 21UX and both work fine.

AKWD

Intuos3 works fine for me too. I like Inkscape - It's very good. I tend to use it for specific things, but the things I do use it for, it is FAR easier and more intelligent to use it for. It's lacking in some departments; That's why you keep it around with Corel/Illy.

mekazilla

I guess there are/were some known issues with the bamboo tablets. Seems like it cleared up somewhat after a restart. The mouse doesn't track right on the screen visually.

cptcorn

adad
Inkscape has been around for a few years... But its not to popular outside of teh the open source community...

mondo

I love free! lol

Seems everybody is cool with it, I might go ahead and purchase it!

Oh I forgot its free! yey!

Fenris thanks again for the disclaimer for the vehicle magnets. Put a space there to let the client sign. Thanks again!

Great find Shovelhead!

Rodi

Works on windoze and Macintooosh too, but you need X11 for mac. Looks good, but not much time for browising these days.
I would put it at capable, and the price is cool too.

Shovelhead

The best raster trace I've ever seen. WOW

Attachments

• path2488.jpg
    path2488.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 130

zoiko

This is why we are building a linux machine so we can have all the free open scource stuff on it to try and be totally independent and try and print our films with it to our epson 3000 . Also to use with our plotter.