• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installing alumalite 14' high using 6x6 posts?

Brandon708

It can be done.

4 holes need to be dug. 2 holes for the sign w/ 6x6 post at least 42" deep w/ cement the other 2 would go about 4' behind the other holes and install 6x6 post w/ cement with the post just coming out of the ground about 1'. Then use (2) 2x4's to brace each post by screwing them to the outside of the posts.

Also if using Dibond I would suggest 2x4 stringers behind the sign. With high winds that dibond will bend and snap off.

I hope this helps.

Tifosi

I second Brandon708, that is the way I would go with that install. It sounds like the area you will be digging in will be easy just getting there is the only task.

I would let the customer know that the install would be cheaper if you could drive to the location and work from there and not have to hike it in. It is almost harvest time anyway isn't it?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Before going to all the trouble of figuring out to do this.... are you allowed to do this... by municipal codes or ordinances ??

This can easily be accomplished, but most places won't allow this kind of set up just anywhere you feel like plunking it down.