• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installing Roland PNC-950?? TONY??

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Tony Teveris... (or others who may know!)... I have Omega2.1, and want to install another plotter. It's a Roland Camm1, PNC-950.

There is a selection available in plotter setup/install for a PNC-900, but NOT 950. Can I use this setting, or do I have a useless extra plotter from tha standpoint?
THANKS in advance!!

Arlo Kalon

Tony Teveris

Are you working with Dave Kellems ? If not send me or email me your email address and I'll send it to you.

I just sent him an updated device.ini file with an entry for the PNC-950 cutter.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Ian Stewart-Koster said:
From memory, several of the old roland plotter drivers are somewhat interchangeable...so I heard somewhere.

I didn't actually realize this Roland was a rather old model at this point. Only thing in it's favor there is that it was used on a mere three"attempts" by a large, former customer to do their own paint masks for aircraft during a time I was a designer at a co. in a nearby town. I wasn't available anymore for them, but hey... it's just "hook up a plotter, type away, and do the same thing Arlo does!" for them. Didn't work out.

I have no idea how old a CAMM-1 PNC-950 is. Hopefully tho, since it's relatively "new" still anyway, it'll give me some larger cutting capabilities - once I figure out all the dip switch settings, comm port setting, etc. etc.. Far cry from Gerber plotters ya literally just plug in and go and NEVER give setup another thought.