• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Installing Trailer Graphics - how do you do it?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It really depends on your ladder. Whatever rung width will accept them is basically how high ya can go. We have some 15' step ladders and I think we can get about 12' in the air, plus our bodies, so we're around 16' to 18' up. However, most of the time, we're around 4 to 8' off the floor to reach the tops of some large vehicles.

Wow mosh..... for being your Dad's old ladder jacks, that stuff's like brand spanking new. :omg:

Lauren

Thanks for all the feedback. I found some old scaffolding in the shop that I'm going to try out and maybe get one of those aluminum platforms. 24 feet though...yikes! I'll be staying under 10 I hope!

phototec

When I built my house I used them 24' up in the air, I have ladder jacks that hook onto extension ladders.

View attachment 94818

Like Mosh, when I do paining or remodeling I use ladder Jacks on two extension ladders and the Werner work plank between them as in photo, the ladder Jacks can be installed either on the inside (towards the house), or the outside depending how high you want the work platform.

I have set it up pretty high, 20' or so, very scary as there with no HAND RAILS and TOE KICKS, which are required by OSHA a that height.

Mosh

I usually put them towards the house, I have a walk-out basement so one side on my house is pretty tall in the gable end.