• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

insurance for installs, who do you use?

petepaz

just curious who you have your business insurance through and how much coverage you have?
not so much for the business it self but insurance for installs. if you or someone gets hurt on the job, damage to property or damage caused by the sign you installed?

petepaz

with all the law suits going on these days just wondering what you are covered for and how much you think is enough?

ddarlak

Go Bills!
i pay about $1500 a year, Pretty sure the company is called the hartford.

I think it's pretty basic coverage, but i honestly couldn't tell you, nor give a crap.

i try and not buy into the fear-lawyer-suing mentality that has taken hold in the USA...

Moze

ugh....I understand the need for it but I hate paying the premium. Mine is a bit over $2500 per year. I forget who it's through. I try to forget about it all together.

ugh....I understand the need for it but I hate paying the premium. Mine is a bit over $2500 per year. I forget who it's through. I try to forget about it all together.

I love that answer. Same here. We get a bill...we pay it...we forget about it until next year. We have our policy through a local company called Pekin Insurance and I don't recall what our premium is.

petepaz

thanks for the input. long story short i have to get business insurance and thought the way my current situation was i was covered but i was incorrect so before something happens i need to get it. it's not so much for the office as for the installs. i was just wondering specifically what kind of coverage i am looking for and how much to be covered for. i have a few RFQ's out but just looking to get some direction from some of you who already get this done
thanks again

TXFB.INS

shop here has it through Farmers and its 2M coverage want to say its about 1300 per year if I overheard the conversation correctly

HulkSmash

Farmers

we pay quite a bit because of certain contracts requiring certain levels..
also don't forget garage keepers insurance..

NJ Insurance Dunhour Agency

We're in NJ too and we have everything (building/vehicles/liability/workers comp) with sister companies of Liberty Mutual via the Dunhour agency in Haddonfield. They saved us on all our policies. I PM'd you their number. We were with Travelers and they jumped our policy from $2k to $32k, post year, and we had no claims.... we had been with them at least 3 years. How they rate your liability is key. We sell/install yard signs but they said they don't have that category so Travellers lumped us in with sign companies who use cherry pickers, cranes, electric etc.

Jillbeans

Mine is through Hannahstown Mutual (general liability) it's about $500 a year.
I was trying to switch to Farmer's but they couldn't seem to do what I needed them to do so I'm still stuck with Hannastown. I honestly can't remember the amount I'm covered for at this moment. One of my clients requires proof of insurance merely for me to drop off a sign at their location!
Love....Jill

skyhigh

We carry 3m in liability insurance.
In case some don't realize, your insurance does not cover the sign itself. We have a "rider" (supplement?) that covers our sign.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not to be too forward, Pete, but I thought you worked at this business, that it wasn't yours.... so to say ??

Jean Shimp

Old Dominion - be sure to shop around with several different companies. There can be quite a difference in premiums. My insurance cover "products and completed operations" for signs installed as well as general liability and property. I have a max $2M coverage - pay around $1600 per year. We are a very small company. We are Work Comp exempt since each of us owns a percentage of the company stock and have elected to forgo Work Comp insurance.