• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Interior Signs - odd finish

Marie

Please see the attached photo. I have a customer who wants to order several more interior signs to match their existing ones. They are 1/4" thick plastic and have a "leatherette" texture/finish - irregular bumpy grain. Hopefully you can see that in the photo. I am looking for a source. THANKS!

Attachments

• finish.jpg
    finish.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 80

Billct2

I'd try Outwater Plastics to see if they have a similar material. I hate having to match these type of signs.

Marie

Thanks for the reply - but I need someone who can actually produce the signs (with the raised brownish letters) - not just the sign board.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if it's me or what..... but the information is kinda confusing. I'd imagine this needs to be ADA. Is there braille on it, also ??

If so, one of the many ADA Braille # 2 manufacturing vendors should be able to reproduce these for you. It looks like their kinda stock type style.

MikePro

I think I saw similiar signs at the Luxor during my last ISA Vegas trip.

Anywho, I don't think this material is available in a photopolymer, so you'd be best to search for a vendor/local rasterbraille sign maker/engraver.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
There are quite a few textured plastics.
I just looked through the samples I have
and didn't see anything close to that
pattern. I would try a plastics distributor.
The best one I know of is here on the west
Coast-San Diego Plastics, I'm sure if you
Email them a pic, they may be able to
point you in the right direction.

On the issue of ADA, generally these signs
do not require Braille or tactile. It does not
stop sign shops from doing it though. An
occasional rogue inspector not familiar with
the code may demand it.

On larger jobs I usually run the design by the
inspector so I don't get any surprises during
sign off.