• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ipad 2 - Anyone running right out to snap this up?

John L

I really like my Ipad (1) but I don't get the latest developments on the Ipad2. Thinner but thickness wasnt a problem. Faster but speed wasnt a problem. I AM kinda curious about a cover that magically attaches with magnets to an aluminum case?

Attachments

• ipadwithcamera.jpg
    ipadwithcamera.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 106

WildWestDesigns

I really like my Ipad (1) but I don't get the latest developments on the Ipad2. Thinner but thickness wasnt a problem. Faster but speed wasnt a problem. I AM kinda curious about a cover that magically attaches with magnets to an aluminum case?

I think the cameras on the front and on the back are the biggest advances, however, I hardly use the camera that's sitting on top of one of my monitors now.

Speed and thinness I think are starting to go overboard. Speed is fine for what does, even on the vector application that I have on mine. The rest of the time I either play games or just use Safari. I actually prefer a little thickness my self when it comes to these type of gadgets.

SignManiac

I feel the same way John, not enough new features to justify an upgrade. In fact I didn't go out and upgrade my 3Gs to the iphone4 when it came out. I figured I'd wait for the 5 out this June. From what I've read, there will be an ipad3 ready in the fall, and I'm still not so sure I would jump on that. The one I have now does pretty much all I need it to do.

saktrnch

Kind of makes you wonder about the iPad2 when the 3 is already being talked about. I want to see the HP tablet, if it ever gets released.

David Wright

Well it will bring down the price of the originals. I have a viewsonic g tablet and like all the customization I can do on it with very good hardware specs. There is a lot to be said for all the apps the I pad and some other features.

John L

I agree about the price drop. That's a good thing.

Just like Bob, I also could have upgraded but stuck with my 3gs because I think it works very well for me. Actually I just got my wife and an employee the same iPhone because they have them at $49 with a 2yr now.

John L

As stated above, I ever thought the iPad 1 was slow but I just updated to the newest software release 4.3 and it is browsing substantially faster than even before. I use this thing more and more.

As a side note... I have found the "IPF" app very cool cause it's a one touch access to iPad forums and very helpful for everything iPad.

I did actually pick up the iPad 2 on Friday. The only reason I upgraded is becasue I wanted the camera for video chatting capabilities. I also sold my other one so I was able to put that toward the new one. I can't tell much difference in speed.

The cover is cool the way it attached but it comes off way to easy and it's in the way unless you are using it as a prop to hold it up. I'm taking myine back.

Joe Diaz

This certainly isn't an attempt to bash the product. The ipad is pretty darn cool to say the least, and I hope it's popularity leads to some major advances, but I still am hoping to see a few additions before I would ever buy one. Right now, for me, it fits into that awkward space between my smart phone and my laptop. It lacks the power of my laptop and isn't as mobile as my smart phone... but that is just me.

One thing that would put this or any other tablet on my must have list, would be for it to have a set of tools similar to a Wacom, so that I could Corel painter or photo shop with a pressure sensitive screen and a nice stylus. Also not just an app that is supposed to recognize my hand writing, but handwritten recognition through out the OS, similar to what has been available on windows based tablet PCs for years now... just in a lighter fancier package that apple is known for. I'm sure it will get there eventually, but until it does I can't justify spending several hundreds on a device that I don't really need.

But I think the new camerasa and extra power in a thinner lighter form, are nice additions.

WildWestDesigns

One thing that would put this or any other tablet on my must have list, would be for it to have a set of tools similar to a Wacom, so that I could Corel painter or photo shop with a pressure sensitive screen and a nice stylus. Also not just an app that is supposed to recognize my hand writing, but handwritten recognition through out the OS, similar to what has been available on windows based tablet PCs for years now... just in a lighter fancier package that apple is known for. I'm sure it will get there eventually, but until it does I can't justify spending several hundreds on a device that I don't really need.

Problem with the iPad if I'm not mistaken is that it looks for heat, which none of the wacom stylus have as far as I know.

I use the iDraw program and it's a nice program that exports into vectors. Not as powerful as Ai, but it's pretty good to have fun with when on a trip.

They'll get there, but it'll just take awhile.

Joe Diaz

Problem with the iPad if I'm not mistaken is that it looks for heat, which none of the wacom stylus have as far as I know.

I use the iDraw program and it's a nice program that exports into vectors. Not as powerful as Ai, but it's pretty good to have fun with when on a trip.

They'll get there, but it'll just take awhile.

Yeah I know it's got some cool little apps for drawing. But I guess what I'm looking for is a tablet computer specifically designed for professional illustrators. Like a cintiq with a built in computer... Wouldn't that be cool?

I know some of the tablet PC's have wacom digitizers, but they are a bit more bulky than the i pad, and are usually the convertible laptop/tablet PC.

Obviously that market isn't large enough for a company like apple to target, but so far every thing is there but the more commercial programs like corel and adobe and pressure sensitivity with the stylus. I would think those would be nice features for newer generations of the ipad.

VinylLabs.com

got one, played around with it for a while, and sold it. just could not see the use of it, when I have a mini 9 running as an actual computer. took that in when i went to clients places to take notes, and it impressed them more then the ipad.

WildWestDesigns

Yeah I know it's got some cool little apps for drawing. But I guess what I'm looking for is a tablet computer specifically designed for professional illustrators. Like a cintiq with a built in computer... Wouldn't that be cool?

I'm right there with you. I really like my cintiq and I would spend the scratch to get a portable tablet version of it.