• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is it worth bidding on?

JgS

I was at a government action warehouse looking for a new copier when I came across a Bren Pro Series 525 plotter. I wasn't able to find anything online about that model but other models made by the company look like real work horses. Anyone know anything about these cutters? I'm not sure if drivers will be hard to get. Or if it will play well with Flexi. Starting bid is $150. Just wondering if it was worth it.

JgS

Thanks. I saw that site. it is what got the excited about the cutter. One, because they are still in business and it looks like cutter may be able to cut heavy material with ease. I do a lot of street signs so that is a plus.

J Hill Designs

for the right price, it would be a good garbage plotter for cutting refl, mag's, sb stencil, etc

media size vs max cutting size are wierd

mopar691

Looks like a Chinese made stepper plotter to me. I would think a good price would be about $25 bucks with shipping.

Locals Find!

Realistically, what do you have to lose if you can pick it up under $500 get it to work and make a few jobs you have made it pay for itself. If it falls apart a few more jobs after that you won.

Don't over think this. Hell at the starting bid you can toss it on craigslist and double your money with no effort.

HulkSmash

Realistically, what do you have to lose if you can pick it up under $500 get it to work and make a few jobs you have made it pay for itself. If it falls apart a few more jobs after that you won.

Don't over think this. Hell at the starting bid you can toss it on craigslist and double your money with no effort.

I'm glad you think business is that simple. SMH

Techman

Realistically, what do you have to lose if you can pick it up under $500 get it to work and make a few jobs you have made it pay for itself.

Realistically.. one can get a lightly used NAME BRAND cutter for less than $500 all day any day.

Gino

Premium Subscriber

Ya got $500 to lose if ya can't get it to work ?? You got $500 to off ?? Loan it to the OP and see how your shoe fits in your mouth. :corndog:

Locals Find!

Ya got $500 to lose if ya can't get it to work ?? You got $500 to off ?? Loan it to the OP and see how your shoe fits in your mouth. :corndog:

My electric, gas and insurance last month were all over $500 each. Heck, my new tent for backpacking this season was over $800. So, to me I would take a chance up to $500. It's a gamble. I would rather gamble my money on something like that then toss it into a slot machine or at the blackjack table.

Fact is most government auctions make sure the equipment is in a functional and usable state before they sell it, or they list it as un-usuable/unfunctional.

Of course, I have bought many items over the years from Government auctions. I have not once ever lost a dime.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
My electric, gas and insurance last month were all over $500 each. Heck, my new tent for backpacking this season was over $800. So, to me I would take a chance up to $500. It's a gamble. I would rather gamble my money on something like that then toss it into a slot machine or at the blackjack table.

Fact is most government auctions make sure the equipment is in a functional and usable state before they sell it, or they list it as un-usuable/unfunctional.

Of course, I have bought many items over the years from Government auctions. I have not once ever lost a dime.

Ya said it yourself.... it's a gamble. This coming from the guy who spends $500 a month on electric, gas and insurance respectively, but wants his girlfriend's kids to eat more than Cheerios. Then, has the nerve to say he spends $800 on a tent for himself, but a few months ago, didn't have that infamous pot to p!ss in. Yeah, you're a gamble alright.

Now, you go onto to say government equipment is functional and usable when they don't even know how to run the government, let alone a piece of equipment. You are really a walking disaster, huh ??

By the way, we don't pay electric at our home or our shop anymore. We have connections [no pun intended there]. :snarky

John Butto

About gambling Addie, take the $500 to the track and make some real money and buy a brand new Summa with opus. Or you lose it all by not doing your homework, but, you spent a day outside and not purchased so old M1 shell ashtray at the government auction.

Locals Find!

Ya said it yourself.... it's a gamble. This coming from the guy who spends $500 a month on electric, gas and insurance respectively, but wants his girlfriend's kids to eat more than Cheerios. Then, has the nerve to say he spends $800 on a tent for himself, but a few months ago, didn't have that infamous pot to p!ss in. Yeah, you're a gamble alright.

Now, you go onto to say government equipment is functional and usable when they don't even know how to run the government, let alone a piece of equipment. You are really a walking disaster, huh ??

By the way, we don't pay electric at our home or our shop anymore. We have connections [no pun intended there]. :snarky

Well, Gino. Gotta say life this last year has been good to me. Real Estate Market is on a serious upswing, what sign jobs I do make me real money, and my printing is still strong. Also, doesn't hurt the significant other Landed a nice job over at Chico's Corporate offices either.

I will send you an invite to the big hoopla next year in Biloxi, MS.

Back to the OPs original question. The starting bid is $150 if your not going to bid PM me the link and I will. If it I get it for less than $200 and it works. You can buy it from me for what I paid.

HulkSmash

Well, Gino. Gotta say life this last year has been good to me. Real Estate Market is on a serious upswing, what sign jobs I do make me real money, and my printing is still strong. Also, doesn't hurt the significant other Landed a nice job over at Chico's Corporate offices either.

I will send you an invite to the big hoopla next year in Biloxi, MS.

Back to the OPs original question. The starting bid is $150 if your not going to bid PM me the link and I will. If it I get it for less than $200 and it works. You can buy it from me for what I paid.

So, you're a office manager. So you make the same money weather the real estate is good or bad.. those are your own words.

Bly

Good for you Addie but really do you think you should be giving people on here advice about sign making?