• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

is My gerber LE dead? Cant print anymore, video inside.

ego198

Hello, my gerber LE after some years of 0 problems, good printing is making weird things. I can not print anymore, when i send a job, it starts printing, after few seconds stops, makes movement fast forward and back and stops...crazy thing, ive never seen. I attach a video to see, this is a regular job, 1st colour printing kelly green and you can see what i am talkin about., starts, then stops, you check and no colour printed...¿?

I havent changed anything etc...as it was working perfectly before, the only thing changed it is yesterday i started to use some unused Duracoat 92M UV Guard cartocuhes instead of Gerber, but nothing special, no upgrades, no changes, moving movements, nothing. It is very old machine, thats true..anybody knows whats happening? maybe the motheboard is crazy? anyway to fix it? please some help...

jfiscus

Rap Master
With these older Gerbers the easiest fix you can do is to unseat and reseat every connection you can find inside of it. A lot of the time this fixes the issue.

gabagoo

I sometimes get the beeping sound and it won't print at all, but found that not only re seating the cards worked but also ( ground yourself) I pushed any items on the cards that looked plugged in and sometimes that solved the problem as well.

ego198

hi, what do you mean by "any items on the cards that looked plugged in"?
ive re-plugged all the conectors that you can plug,, tested again and the same situacion, no improvement..:/

Billct2

Did you disconnect from computer and reconnect? I remember something about that clearing similar issues

ego198

thanks! no i did not..please could you specify steb by step how to procceed?, while powered on, discconect from pc the printer..¿?, isnt that risky for the power unit?

Billct2

I don't remember exactly. But disconnecting a data cord doesn't affect power. Also you can try clearing your spooler cache. If you search for Edge problesm on Signs101 therr are many threads that may have the answer

ego198

thank you. Yes, although ive been working with no problems with this machine some years, im newbie in the forum and i dont know about those procedures youre saying, thanks for the help..i will try to find them, it would be great to get solution, i have some jobs need to print and the machine cant print:/ i thought this work horse will never fail to me..:/

gabagoo

hi, what do you mean by "any items on the cards that looked plugged in"?
ive re-plugged all the conectors that you can plug,, tested again and the same situacion, no improvement..:/
If memory serves on 1 card there was a red or orange conector that seemed loose on mine , so I just gave it a bit of a nudge to make sure it was seated properly...can't say for sure if it worked but the beeping stopped and I could continue working on the printer.

netsol

if you have to go further, i will try to send you a link to the service manual
we have 4 of the edges, and all of the manuals, so i will look around

we have had good luck with removing the circuit boards, and resoldering all the HEAVY plug in connectors to the circuit boards, this may or may not be something you are comfortable doing

ego198

thank you, i wil try again to re connect all connnections to see if it improves..i dont know i ve been trying today, but always do the same thing, try to print, move ahead and back like crazy but nothing printed....i guess the motheboard its faulty but id like and expert to confirm this....¿?

FunkotronXL

this is a regular job
Have you printed this job successfully using the same file in the past, or is it a new creation?

Your video shows a rewind after print action which is normally software related. Doesn't rule out potential hardware issues, but, more info is better. What software are you using to output? Omega? Flexi?

ego198

Have you printed this job successfully using the same file in the past, or is it a new creation?

Your video shows a rewind after print action which is normally software related. Doesn't rule out potential hardware issues, but, more info is better. What software are you using to output? Omega? Flexi?

hI!, NO, i havent printed that job before, it was a new creation yesterday, i tried yesterday with 3 different files, all new but they were made the same way ive been doing may many of them during years with 0 problems
yesterday i made 3 attempts
1 & 2nd: regular "complex" files with different vectors inside (no bitmaps, tiffs or halftones complex images)= problems= video
3rd: easy fille with just one filled rectangular, no problems, printed easy

its like if there is "complex" file, the machine goes crazy and make that weird movement....

OMEga "old" version, i guess 3.0 or something like this, i can check ..but yes...old version.

thank you!

netsol

I misunderstood, so there are SOME FILES that do print?
When you say simple/complex is the difference that simple has no color changes?

IF IT WERE ME i would make a small test job, print it.
MAKE IT MORE COMPLEX in steps, print again & see when it all goes south.
Is it ribbon change? Adding second layer?
Adding gradient?
This is general troubleshooting info, but a process. That works

ego198

I misunderstood, so there are SOME FILES that do print?
When you say simple/complex is the difference that simple has no color changes?

IF IT WERE ME i would make a small test job, print it.
MAKE IT MORE COMPLEX in steps, print again & see when it all goes south.
Is it ribbon change? Adding second layer?
Adding gradient?
This is general troubleshooting info, but a process. That works
no no, i tried 3 files, 1 & 2 regular files with some logos etc..all vectorial=problems, no gradientes, no bitmap etc..just plain spot, this is the regular job i use to do for years everyday. 3rd one, i tried just a simple rectangle and less problematic, almost printed ok only this one. no ribbon change, gerber genuine, no layers, no gradients nor halftones..very easy. i will try with test button and show results, lets see...please would you be so kind to indicate button sequence to get test printed? Thanks in advance.

FunkotronXL

please would you be so kind to indicate button sequence to get test printed?
Only have Edge II's to reference but the process should be similar.

Power on, press "Reset" and set to "Offline" mode, press "Setup" button to cycle menus until "Test" displays, use left/right arrow buttons to choose which Test option (should be at least a couple for Print). Once selected, can't recall if needs to be in Online or Offline mode, but, press the hidden button (the blank space to the left of "Setup" button). Should just run the selected test, make sure you've got a ribbon and 220 vinyl loaded already.

If anybody else knows if this is different on the Edge LE feel free to chime in.

ego198

Only have Edge II's to reference but the process should be similar.

Power on, press "Reset" and set to "Offline" mode, press "Setup" button to cycle menus until "Test" displays, use left/right arrow buttons to choose which Test option (should be at least a couple for Print). Once selected, can't recall if needs to be in Online or Offline mode, but, press the hidden button (the blank space to the left of "Setup" button). Should just run the selected test, make sure you've got a ribbon and 220 vinyl loaded already.

If anybody else knows if this is different on the Edge LE feel free to chime in.
Thank you very much mate, great help! lets see how it feels with the test, ill post results....we got to bring this beauty to life again!!!!!