• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is Scale really that difficult?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I thought reptiles had scales........ and fish........ and the bottoms of boats. Now, people have scales ?? Oh, you mean the ones on the floor in the bathroom ?? Why is it, the scale in the doctors office is always off by about 10lbs from mine at home ?? Yeah, scales are hard to understand.

Goatshaver

I deal with this so often with people. Send me images they have made for a label or sticker without knowing the size of the piece they want before they have their artwork done and then it has to be scaled different or cropped.
Just like lots of people think printing is magic and you can just click a button, and boom it's done.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I deal with this so often with people. Send me images they have made for a label or sticker without knowing the size of the piece they want before they have their artwork done and then it has to be scaled different or cropped.
Just like lots of people think printing is magic and you can just click a button, and boom it's done.
What? so im not performing witch craft??

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
It IS magic! everything we do is magic! ... and you better not tell anyone different :Cool 2:

Johnny Best

Attachments

• shaggy.jpg
    shaggy.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 69

highrolling24

I love it when someone will text you a picture to blow up on the side of their trailer! WTF And the unit of measure we use is a shaved one! then you knew you are close or atleast close enough.

RabidOne

I understand it from clients that aren't designers, but when professional designers send stuff that's not to scale....
Way back when we still rode dinosaurs to work I was at a publishing company and the art department used proportional scales, someone asked something and I said I just did it in my head or used a calculator. Lots of looks of wtf. Those people were professionals and understood the concept. Lots of off the street types or designers out of school just don't know.

netsol

Oh Geeze, are we back to using "hair" for units of measure? How many times does this need to come up?
And then we need a lesson about how a thousand and a thousandth are not the same.
They are reciprocals ( and one is 1,000,000 times larger)

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
When people send files with oddball scales, do you ever think that they are trying to fuk with you? Like let's see if this guy can do math. It drives me nuts. I know it's not the same as the topic at hand but it was mentioned earlier.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
In high school her nickname was Shaggy. Not by the hair on my chinny chin chin.
In my defense... This would only be a true likeness if I didn't take time for self care, and pride in my good looks. Oh, and they would be red hairs johnny. Get it right. And, it wasn't an issue in highschool... Just freckles. Not gonna tell you guys what nicknames that generated in middle school.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
In my defense... This would only be a true likeness if I didn't take time for self care, and pride in my good looks. Oh, and they would be red hairs johnny. Get it right. And, it wasn't an issue in highschool... Just freckles. Not gonna tell you guys what nicknames that generated in middle school.
So you're saying that you keep them plucked?

netsol

while it is not a diffucult concept, many people will never grasp it

at a client recently the question of the day was why you could not deliver a 16 ft long piece of equipment, since they had just gotten new trucks, and had nothing longer than 12 feet.

i guess it is a left brain/right brain thing, or what scott calls dealing with the untrained mind

wanderer

Ha, I deal with this on a daily basis! Lady brings in a "flyer" 8.5 x 11 portrait, wants to make it into a popup banner. "do you have it in digital format"? Yes, I'll email it to you. It's a freakin jpg! What the......! Answer is NO!
A photo, what file format did you expect?