• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is there an action or style to give me this wrinkled effect in photoshop?

Pat Whatley

Before I spend an eternity creating art with this effect by hand in photoshop has anyone run across an "automatic' way to get something similar?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 136

rjssigns

It's done with a Displacement Map in PhotoShop.

Here ya go:

[video=youtube;kyixFsy6oaY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyixFsy6oaY[/video]

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Just spit balling here but how about a camera, rubber shirt and some nipple clamps to scrunch it up?

wayne k
guam usa

Pat Whatley

That shows how to make it look like the printed fabric is wavy. I'm trying to get it to look like a 3d object is creating the wrinkles or that the fabric is wrapped over a 3D object....the wrinkles will have ro radiate out of the object. Thanks though.

Andy D

Here ya go:

[video=youtube;kyixFsy6oaY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyixFsy6oaY[/video]

Great link! I just went and tried that setup and it worked like a charm! Photo shop never fails to amaze me!

toucan_graphics

It looks like some sort of Eye Candy effect.

I've got an old version of Photoshop (6.0 I think) that has Alien Skin Eye Candy and I used to play with the effects all the time. You can do this effect by copying a design layer and playing with the Bevel settings in Eye Candy.

Here's a 30 second render using Eye Candy ripple, then bevel. (Original image at left, Eye Candy on right) With a little time and experimenting you could probably recreate a very similar effect.

attachment.php

Attachments

• bevel-example.jpg
    bevel-example.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 190
Last edited: