• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Is there any HP Latex 260 #792 3rd party printheads??

Rayd8

We're in Qld, and have a few cartridges and heads still going - but I can see the head cleaning cartridges as being a possible sourcing issue. There must be some way to get fresh paper towelling and wind up a new roll in an old head-cleaning cart...?
(I have 2 spare - so am not in panic stages yet!)
Here you'll find a video how to rebuild the cleaning cassette.
Didn't try this myself but i thought this might be helpful.
HTH
T.

george paris

I am switching from my L260 (has problems that are too expensive to fix) to a L315. I have some items that might interest you for the L260. New, Prt Hd cleaner kit, inks etc. Let me know. Thanks and good luck. I watched the video on re- doing a prt head kit ,doing it yourself, seems like a lot of work. Maybe it's just me. I still see them new on ebay.

Rayd8

Hi Guys, just wondering how long a printhead lasts? I read 1litres per color, is that correct? Does the type of media or job also influence the printhead lifetime?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Hi Guys, just wondering how long a printhead lasts? I read 1litres per color, is that correct? Does the type of media or job also influence the printhead lifetime?
1L is warranty from HP. 4-6L expected life. Less or more depending how you use it.

Rayd8

I would use it for 8pass canvas prints most of the time so i’m hesitant to buy a used 26500 as a replacement for an oldie epson 9800 (as to take advantage of the multitude of media which can be used and the advantage of being better ink than epson pigment (outside canvas)
Thanks for all your input and sorry for highjackibg this thread. Mods: feel free to move my q should this
1L is warranty from HP. 4-6L expected life. Less or more depending how you use it.
Thanks balstestrat, that explains why im finding some printers that use printheads for 1-2years and found it hard to believe the 1litre rule

bluemaster2006

I converted my L280 to CMYK only some years ago after getting tired if the light colour issues. So the replacement pattern for me works out fine from 831 to 792 heads. The 831 head colour is either the same or a light version, so 2-3 head primes and I’m good to go. My problem now is the inconsistency with STS ink. The chips they use also give problems far to often.
Good morning, I am also starting to have problems with the head supplies. I just bought a compatible ink and I still don't know how well it will work, but I can't find the heads anywhere. Could you tell me how you managed to switch to the double CMYK configuration? And how are the 831 heads arranged? I am interested in the subject. Greetings and thanks for the help

StephenOrange

Eater of cake. Maker of .
Good morning, I am also starting to have problems with the head supplies. I just bought a compatible ink and I still don't know how well it will work, but I can't find the heads anywhere. Could you tell me how you managed to switch to the double CMYK configuration? And how are the 831 heads arranged? I am interested in the subject. Greetings and thanks for the help
You might not like this, but it's proabbly time to get a new machine. I know this is a hard pill to swollow, but the ongoing pains that third party inks bring is going to drive you mad and cost you money. It worked for me for some time, but the inks became a massive issue. My conversion back then was easier because I disabled the light colours on the machine shortly after getting the 280, which led to a simpler colour swop between the heads. But again, please forget this route. Time to let it go ;) I actually went back to solvent machines and honestly, haven't been happier not having to deal with the issues that latex bring. I really miss the instant readiness of prints, but that's about it.

Good luck!!!

ToTo

Professional Support
Some of my customers tried chinese printhead and ink. Inks so far looks ok, but printheads are really not usable. But you can buy chips and put them onto HP printheads from 3xx/5xx series. These works great after you have cleaned off all ink from chambers.

bluemaster2006

Puede que no le guste esto, pero es probable que sea hora de comprar una nueva máquina. Sé que esta es una píldora difícil de tragar, pero los dolores continuos que traen las tintas de terceros lo volverán loco y le costarán dinero. Funcionó para mí durante algún tiempo, pero las tintas se convirtieron en un gran problema. Mi conversión en ese entonces fue más fácil porque deshabilité los colores claros en la máquina poco después de obtener el 280, lo que condujo a un cambio de color más simple entre las cabezas. Pero de nuevo, por favor olvide esta ruta. Es hora de dejarlo ir ;) De hecho, volví a las máquinas solventes y, sinceramente, no he estado más feliz de no tener que lidiar con los problemas que trae el látex. Realmente extraño la preparación instantánea de las impresiones, pero eso es todo.

¡¡¡Buena suerte!!!
I appreciate your advice, but I bought a lot of units of each ink cartridge some time ago, so in addition to the hard pill to swallow of retiring the printer, I also have a lot of money in supplies that I would like to use up. My idea is to get new printheads so that I can use up all that ink and then see what happens. I found a supplier who sells them with the chip and colors already changed, tested and ready to use for $150, which doesn't seem so bad, right? Could you tell me what kind of problems you had with the inks? It's the only thing I haven't tried yet. Thank you very much for taking the trouble to answer and help

StephenOrange

Eater of cake. Maker of .
I appreciate your advice, but I bought a lot of units of each ink cartridge some time ago, so in addition to the hard pill to swallow of retiring the printer, I also have a lot of money in supplies that I would like to use up. My idea is to get new printheads so that I can use up all that ink and then see what happens. I found a supplier who sells them with the chip and colors already changed, tested and ready to use for $150, which doesn't seem so bad, right? Could you tell me what kind of problems you had with the inks? It's the only thing I haven't tried yet. Thank you very much for taking the trouble to answer and help
The ink problems ran the entire gamut. Supply issues, ink that would go "gummy", ink blowing printheads, ink not curing, ink fading, inconsistant colour. It just became totally unmanageable.