• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is there any way to fix leaning retractable roll up banner?

alexyoon.gaius

One of my customers complained that their retractable banner is leaning forward.
What would be the cause of this? The model is standard 33.5"x78.7" stand.
Is there any way that I can fix this for them?

Attachments

• IMG_0296.jpg
    IMG_0296.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 842

jfiscus

Rap Master
bend the feet, or else they have the feet rotated backwards from usual?
edit: it looks like the pole is jacked up in the photo, but that could be lens distortion?

alexyoon.gaius

bend the feet, or else they have the feet rotated backwards from usual?
edit: it looks like the pole is jacked up in the photo, but that could be lens distortion?
Wouldn't it break the feet if tried to bend? They said that the pole gets a bit bent when inserted.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not to be a d!ck, but it's leaning maybe a few degrees....... is that wrong ?? Does it read wrong or look distorted ?? I hafta turn my head sideways to see it, but it doesn't look like anything worth complaining about. I think like the others, something is stretched or pulled out too far. "Customer Application Failure".

alexyoon.gaius

Not to be a d!ck, but it's leaning maybe a few degrees....... is that wrong ?? Does it read wrong or look distorted ?? I hafta turn my head sideways to see it, but it doesn't look like anything worth complaining about. I think like the others, something is stretched or pulled out too far. "Customer Application Failure".
My guess is same too, since it was okay when we checked before shipping it out from here! I hope I have something to say when he replies back..:noway:

alexyoon.gaius

My guess is same too, since it was okay when we checked before shipping it out from here! I hope I have something to say when he replies back..:noway:

He replied back with detailed photos. Will this help? MEasured pole length is 81 11/19"
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0298.jpg
    IMG_0298.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 1,729
  • IMG_0299.jpg
    IMG_0299.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 1,637
  • IMG_0300.jpg
    IMG_0300.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,751

T_K

You could have him try rotating the pole. If the pole has become bent because of use, rotating it 180 degrees might straighten it up.

TammieH

Its obvious, the pole extends from the front of the base, naturally being top heavy the banner is going to lean forward while sitting on a soft surface like carpet.

The only thing you could do is add a couple spacers to the front of the feet.

alexyoon.gaius

Is it possible there wasn't enough of a leader on the bottom of the banner?

Looks like banner is too short which is adding unnecessary tension. Just a thought.

The banner was given enough bleed before put into the bottom. Thank you for your suggestion though!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'd say go home and have a drink and tell them to have a few drinks. It'll look much better after a few snorts. Heck, it looks Okay to me from here. :toasting:

alexyoon.gaius

Its obvious, the pole extends from the front of the base, naturally being top heavy the banner is going to lean forward while sitting on a soft surface like carpet.

The only thing you could do is add a couple spacers to the front of the feet.

Thank you for your help! I had him to place some spacers as you suggested.

alexyoon.gaius

Yes I told my customer what TammieH suggested. Since the product was shipped out to another province I can't be at site to fix it for him... that was the hard part! But I appreciate everyone's opinions on this! Thank you!