• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is this site for real?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Looks to be risky:

WHOIS - apple-downloads.com

Registrar: BIZCN.COM, INC.
Dates: Created 12-jan-2011 Updated 12-jan-2011 Expires 12-jan-2012
DNS Servers: NS1.LATINITJOBS.COM NS2.LATINITJOBS.COM

CanuckSigns

2.5 Software cannot be registered on-line due to certain limitations;
2.6 You will not be able to receive any printed license confirmation;

I'm guessing not, it looks like you pay them to download a torrent file for you.

MikePro

lol, good luck purchasing that CS5 Master Collection without a legit serial key!

in their defense, they most likely offer illegal installation/workarounds to bypass the need for serial keys... still surprised that HomeLand Security hasn't shut them down as they admit to piracy in their FAQs.

CanuckSigns

lol, good luck purchasing that CS5 Master Collection without a legit serial key!

in their defense, they most likely offer illegal installation/workarounds to bypass the need for serial keys... still surprised that HomeLand Security hasn't shut them down as they admit to piracy in their FAQs.

You are assuming they are based in the USA, most likely not.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The WHO IS info would indicate that they are a Chinese operation who used a registrar in France and that their main business is Latin Italian jobs. In addition, they have only been on the scene since 1-12-2011. Not exactly a confidence builder!

It's a good idea to get familiar with the numerous WHO IS lookups available at most registrar websites.

Make a purchase at this website and the following are the likely results:

• You will receive a cracked copy of the product which is illegal, unsupported, and may include some things you didn't know have been added.
  • You will have given your credit information to criminals and have every reason to expect that they will sell that information to other criminals.
  • You will almost certainly have aided in the financing of terrorist activities.

mrfern

This is illegal media. In order to get it to work this is basically what needs to be done.

Step1. Unzip all the files they send you. The zip filles are are spanned and that is where so many people just quit the process and loose there investment since they do not know how to work with spanned files.
Step2. Run the installer
Step3. DO NOT REGISTER hit the register button when the installer option asks you to.
Step4. Run the password tool.. Basically a crack tool for the password
Step5. Alter the /host file on the resource WIN or MAC to re-direct www.adobe.com to localhost so the sniffer adobe had in it to go to the web and tell them who had their software will never get to them.
Step6. Replace a dll file for each adobe component that allows the product to look legit.

WALA.. It works but it 100 % illegal.

Attachments

• sample_adobe.jpg
    sample_adobe.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 77

Fanaticus

There....fixed it for ya! :wink:

haha, no no no. About 10 years ago, when it was much easier and all you had to do was provide a serial. Never again will I do it though. Back then all you would get is 3 years in a federal prison and some fines. Now they throw the book at you..... PLUS, I've got way too much to lose now. Not to mention the paranoia that come with it. I would take pictures of vehicles that parked in front of my house, documenting them. Change the bank deposit account every other week and never use the same bank twice. Change internet providers every month and use and anonymous proxy to cover my tracks. I was young and dumb. I might still be dumb, but now I understand the risk and consequences enough to know better. I wouldn't fair well in prison and would probably never be able to sit down normally again if I went there.

2972renfro

This is illegal media. In order to get it to work this is basically what needs to be done.

Step1. Unzip all the files they send you. The zip filles are are spanned and that is where so many people just quit the process and loose there investment since they do not know how to work with spanned files.
Step2. Run the installer
Step3. DO NOT REGISTER hit the register button when the installer option asks you to.
Step4. Run the password tool.. Basically a crack tool for the password
Step5. Alter the /host file on the resource WIN or MAC to re-direct www.adobe.com to localhost so the sniffer adobe had in it to go to the web and tell them who had their software will never get to them.
Step6. Replace a dll file for each adobe component that allows the product to look legit.

WALA.. It works but it 100 % illegal.

And you have all these files how? You seen to know quite a bit plus the screencapture

mrfern

And you have all these files how? You seen to know quite a bit plus the screencapture

Actually a funny story of how I got it. I was at a trade show in HAMBURG, Germany for some Airline gig a company flew me down there for and they needed to whip up an edit ASAP. The graphic designer that needed to be there did not go since his wife was PREGO and he was not going to miss his first born. His manager told him tuff we need you there and he SAID F-That. So when they were screwed because of a last minute change the PM for the show had needed to be done for their biggest client they asked me the technical resource if I could help. At 7 PM on a Thursday night the only thing I could do is look for a copy in my hotel room and do what they needed with my CRUDE skills at the time. No one was going to whip out their credit card and pay for a copy and the trial I had had already been installed on the pc they gave me so a new one was not an option. I knew better then to pay for it my self as a contractor and expect to get paid back so I did the next best thing. I downloaded a copy from a TORRENT from my hotel room. When I then sent it to the local print house the convention center told me about they said cool.. and we had the update they needed. I then got back to the states and they let me order CS4 Master collection in the event I needed it again during my short 3 month contract gig. WALA.. I then decided to jump with two feet into the SIGN business and have been chugging along ever since. Started with the drawing, ,moved to a vinyl cutter, started to do banners and outsourced print work I can not do and now purchased a Roland I am converting to ECOSOLVENT. I am learning every day and sites this are awesome. I love the design side and know I do not know anything about anything but I keep my mouth shut and listen... I learn and learn and keep getting work by word of mouth so I will ride this for as long as I can since I actually enjoy this.

mrfern