• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is this software any good?

tat2shawn

:smile: Hi everyone,
This is my first post on this fourm. I have been reading the back post and learning alot.

Ok, On to my question. I have this sign making software I got with my cutter for free. It is called WINPC SIGN. My Question is, how good is it? Have any of you ever used it? Should I be looking at getting somthing else?Any input would be greatly appreciated.
I know that I have bought a budget cutter. But it has preformed well for me and what I do with it.

Here is a link to the cutter and software. Not where I got them from though.
http://www.artcut.ca/xycutters.htm

http://www.artcut.ca/software.htm

OldPaint

its a "lite" program, not many features....basic letters and cut...not really worth messin with corel is 50 times better.
ithink a roland driver will run that....and you can cut from corel

jimdes

Cutter is a spitting image of my Lynx-60. Mine runs good on the supplied software but better on Corel Draw!

SMSupply

WinPC comes with some Vinyl Cutters, but it is not the final target software that people like. FlexiSIGN, SignLab are the greatest software for SignMaking Industry now aday.

South End Signs

Old Paint: I've got a Corel 12 cd here and was wondering what other programs I'd need if I wanted to use my Creation P-Cut (Rav-en from www.corbingraphics.com) cutter with it instead of the WinPC that came with it. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!

Jean-Claude

Techman

get cocut pro. They have a free demo.. Its an actual plugin ,, not a bridge, that will enhance Corel into a complete sign program more than adequate for any vinyl jockey..

--Techman

OldPaint

if its got a driver similar to ROLANDS and you are connecteing it as a printer....you shouldnt need anything but corel.

South End Signs

Sorry OP, I wasted your time with my question. Started to install Corel 12 only to discover that it can't be used with Windows98se. Grrrr.. back to WinPC for a bit longer.
Thanks anyway!

Jean-Claude

iSign

IMO, there was never a better time to get out of the W98 world. M$ is abandoning any kind of support, auto updates etc. & that OS will become a much greater source of conflicts & complications then it already is.