• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Is your bucket truck really broken.........?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
According to what's broken, some people might hafta put off repairs. Luckily for me, my neighbor knows how to work on them.

SeeEmWhyKay

Print Plug & Pigment Procurer
That sucks- can you have a lift rented from Quinn or the like in the meantime? Either way the wait is costing you. Just a thought. Best of luck to you.

visual800

yeah, I believe it Ive owned 2 trucks and got rid of 2 trucks, I got so sick of this breaking, that leaking, that not starting and then that leaking again...I RENT and dont regret it. Heavy equipment is PITA and I even took care of my stuff

netsol

Premium Subscriber
i guess i view it differently
i have an older bucket truck and scissor lift. it is a convenience to just have it available at a minutes notice. no calling for a rental. we have gained customers because of being able to do a quick bulb change. like everything else, we do almost all our own repairs

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I just bought a brand new lift. I thought of getting used but so many people use the excuse that their equipment is down that I didn't want to buy a problem. Its got a 2 year warranty. My plan is to have it on a 5 year replacement schedule so hopefully that will mean trouble-free usage.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I just bought a brand new lift. I thought of getting used but so many people use the excuse that their equipment is down that I didn't want to buy a problem. Its got a 2 year warranty. My plan is to have it on a 5 year replacement schedule so hopefully that will mean trouble-free usage.
Lets see some photos

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
I believe it. Last spring ALL THREE of our bucket trucks were in the shop at 1 time. We really only need 2 trucks, but I bought an extra one as a spare. That didn't work out so well.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Runs on batteries..

91SNjHfj3ZL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

netsol

Premium Subscriber
VERY NICE

electricity water and air, 41' up, impressive

and that's about as high as i would want to go.
i bought an edge le from a guy who was retiring from the business.
he wanted me to buy his flatbed with an 87' bucket
i got a nosebleed just looking at it in the down position. not for me

ikarasu

I've been eyeing this rig for getting back into the bulb changing game. Those contracts always payed out well but if you put tracks around the field or got stuck, you'd start loosing money. Would also reach 83ft for some decent high rise work. I also enjoy watching the self loading feature...

edit:
meant to say, was eyeing this rig. I have since figured this would be a rough season to try to get back into sports type work.
Damn...we dont ever even do bucket truck work, but watching that video makes me want to get into it!

netsol

Premium Subscriber
jburton
we were projecting $100,000 in athletic sponsor banners, as they say, sometimes real life gets in the way

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
VERY NICE

electricity water and air, 41' up, impressive

and that's about as high as i would want to go.
i bought an edge le from a guy who was retiring from the business.
he wanted me to buy his flatbed with an 87' bucket
i got a nosebleed just looking at it in the down position. not for me

Yea I think this size will fit most jobs I do just well. I would of liked the bigger one not for height but rather SIDE REACH....but I'd have trouble fitting it into storage unit.

I found that fully extended in any machine makes me nervous about height. 55' fully extended on a 55' towable feels different than 55' on an 80' self propelled straight boom.

visual800

I would not mind having a towable boom but those things are so damn herky jerky, bout sling you out of the cage to move 1 foot but at this point in my biz i wouldnt invest money